Notices
ECU Flash

Pulled Rom- No start

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you. I solved the problem. I just want to update in case anyone comes across this problem. I flashed a new rom. Now that I read that, I don't know if the ecu fried or its because of the immobilizer, but the car didn't start. I had a spare ecu with the same rom and I plugged it in and the car started right up. I was able to pull the rom and open it. I will flash this rom to the other ecu tomorrow to see if it starts with the correct immobilizer code or if it's fried.

Originally Posted by WRC-LVR
Not quite....there is still the matter of the immobilizer and immobilizer code. Your rom might be fubared but even if you flash a generic rom ( 88XXXXXX for the IX) it wont start because it wont have an immobilizer code to match..

You will have to either disable the immobilizer in the MUT tables or try to recover the immobilizer code from the current rom and input that code to the generic rom you can then flash to the ecu. then it will start but will need tuning etc for the car's mods etc

You might try one of the online tuners like aaron@english racing or TScomptuned to see if they can help you by doing that by remote dial in etc.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just disable Immo to rule that out.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:41 AM

Any update on this? Were you able to reflash your old ECU? I'll be getting the Tactrix cable soon and want to make sure the process goes smoothly. Was this caused by the "pin 9" issue you mentioned in the original post? if not, ever determine what went wrong the first time?

Thanks.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by qsiguy
Any update on this? Were you able to reflash your old ECU? I'll be getting the Tactrix cable soon and want to make sure the process goes smoothly. Was this caused by the "pin 9" issue you mentioned in the original post? if not, ever determine what went wrong the first time?

Thanks.

It seems the ecu is bricked or just fried. I never technically figured out the cause I am just assuming it was the pin 9. After removing it I had no further problems. What's weird is I've only heard of pin 9 causing etac failure, not ecu failure.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

etacs

Yes, it has happend to me three times and killed the etacs three times. I never had one kill the ecu though.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 11:54 PM

I've found posts in several locations regarding removing a pin such as the pin 9 you mention but cannot seem to locate a post explaining why the need to remove this pin. Can someone help me with a link or explanation why this pin must be removed? I'll be ordering the Tactrix adapter soon and want to confirm what must be done before I start using it.
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:18 PM
Evolving Member

etacs

Read my thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...oke-loose.html
Old Oct 31, 2015, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Most places offer the option to sell the cable with pin 9 already removed if you ask them too. It will fry your etacs and is only used for Subaru vehicles so we have no need for it.

Originally Posted by hearnoevo
Old Oct 31, 2015, 10:51 AM

Spent some time and read through the entire thread, thank you! Last post on that thread was in 2011. Do the new 2.0 cables still require removing pin 9? On the ordering page you can still get the kit that has both Mitsu and Subi cables, are these separate cables? I've done a bit of tuning on other cars and for only $10 difference I was figuring on just getting the option for both platforms so I had them and had the option. I have a few friends with Subi's.

Thanks again for the link.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by hearnoevo
In your thread, you seemed convinced that the problem would still occur with pin9 removed. Hamish said that he thought there was still some pin left that was likely touching. Then I saw that someone had a cable replaced that was damaged and causing the issue even with pin9 removed.

Did this get cleared up "officially"?
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

pin 9

No, not officially.