Notices

Logging discrepancy?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Logging discrepancy?

I've finally got a little time to do some logs and work on my tune a bit and I just noticed a small issue while logging.

Depending how I'm feeling I will switch between using Rax fast logging from the main evoscan screen, and using the live map tracer function. I also have live tuner but I haven't used it much.

Anyway I can log from either one but when I review the logs either in excel or loaded from the map tracer the data is slightly different. Not by alot but it is different nonetheless. I'm trying to dial in my afrs so at the time I have only noticed afr and knock sum but I imagine there is other data that varies. Same exact log but depending on which screen I load it from it's different.

I should probably just stick to one way of logging and use that for a little bit of consistency but I would like to hear some of your input and which do you consider more accurate.

Thanks!
Old May 26, 2016, 04:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Hi.

I wrote the ECU side of RAX Patch, so I can answer bits that relate to that. I worked with Hamish from EvoScan to help him get his side of things developed, but I haven't seen EvoScan's stuff from the inside... so not an authority on that.

And I can't comment on EvoScan Map Tracer, I'm afraid, as I've never used that stuff.

I reckon Tephra's LiveTuner is probably the most accurate of all, as he's written both the ECU side of things and the Windows application.

What, exactly, are the discrepancies you're seeing?

Rich
Old May 26, 2016, 04:19 AM

Considering the most recent log I had taken, at various load/rpm points the afr differed approximately . 3 to .5 in some cases. Now I realize one logs substantially faster and afr has variations to some degree but what I found really weird is I had zero knock on the log reviewing it in excel and sporadic 1-2 counts on the evoscan graph.

They are loading from the same file with the same data... how is that possible?
Old May 27, 2016, 05:22 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
i would be interested to see what LT says.

whats your source for your wideband? serial/rear02?
Old May 27, 2016, 09:57 AM

Serial port. I was actually going to message you about live tuner because I'm not sure how to set up afr logging on it. Everything else works on it but my afr is stuck at 0 when using live tuner.
Old May 27, 2016, 05:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Which wb?
Old May 28, 2016, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
The only time RAX Patch would ever get "involved" in actual wideband readings is if you've..

(a) Hard-wired your wbo2 analogue output into the ECU's "rear o2" input
(b) Tweaked your MUT address table so that RAX reports on a slightly different version of "rear o2" voltage
(c) EvoScan has a formulat convert that voltage into AFR.

If you're trying to do all that, and the output AFR is "wrong", then one of the above things isn't set up correctly.

I feel I have to ask: You're not talking about the "Air/Fuel Ratio (Map)" variable in RAX Patch item list, are you? Because that's got nowt to do with wideband data.

Rich
Old May 28, 2016, 05:19 PM

David,

I have a aem wideband with a bosch sensor. Everything else on live tuner worked right out of the gate but I wasn't sure how to set up the wideband.

Rich,

I log the wideband output from my sensor through a com port. I've logged it like this since before I applied the patch too. The only reason I mentioned logging methods was to give some insight in case anyone was curious. I am pretty sure your patch isn't the problem, I feel like it's in the way the files or loaded or something.
Old May 28, 2016, 09:28 PM
EvoM Guru

aem have a few different ones..

in LT - press F10 and choose the right serial port and also the right version of AEM you have...

you may need to restart LT for it to take affect, but try it first...

let me know!
Old May 31, 2016, 07:29 PM

Nice!! Got it working now!

Showed those 1-2 knock counts consistently with live tuner so I gotta pull a degree in the upper rpms. I am still not sure what the deal was with that loaded file in excel but at this point I'm not too worried about it as I'll be using live tuner from now on. Very cool program David! Thanks again for the assistance.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 03:00 AM
EvoM Guru

post up some pics
Old Jun 2, 2016, 06:35 AM

This is what I saw on live tuner(Don't mind rich afr I'm in messing with MIVEC settings)

Evoscan graph

Knock area viewed in excel
Excuse the poor view-ability but I'm not very proficient in excel