Notices
ECU Flash

Remote tuner recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2016, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Remote tuner recommendations?

My local guys are all packed in and my normal tuner has left me hanging. I've got 2 dsms I'm trying to get to MOD in California next week. One of which I didn't think would be ready to even go. Both cars are on Evo 8 ecus using 9653 roms. The first is fairly basic, small 16g with supporting mods, 1120 FICs and SD using JDM evo 9 map, this is still on a stock long block down to cams and intake but has FMIC, exhaust, and intake etc.

The second car I just built a 2.3 for, FP black, 2150FICs, the whole 9 yards.

Both cars need tuned for e85 and I'd like a dual 91/e85 on the first car. Neither car needs maxed out, I just want to be able to cruise both out to MOD (7 hour trip), cruise around and have some fun, and make it back. Id be fine with wastegate/slightly more than wastegate pressure on both cars for now. Especially the second since it's a fresh motor. I've tried talking to TScomp on the first car and he blew me off, so I'm looking for someone who I can either pay to just remote tune them or pay to help me remote tune them. I am an amateur tuner at best, I know how ecu flash and evoscan work and have used both extensively enough to understand them. Looking for recommendations that may be available this Saturday and/or Sunday to get this done. Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2016, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Try Chris at Pure Drive Performance. I've had Chris tune my car a few times, awesome tuner, very professional and easy to work with.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
TSCOMPTUNED trust me u will be very happy
Old Jul 1, 2016, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Fireescape
Try Chris at Pure Drive Performance. I've had Chris tune my car a few times, awesome tuner, very professional and easy to work with.
When I first read this I read it as Pure Tuning which I was going to tell the OP to stay away from. Never dealt with Pure Drive though.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by infam0usndn2nv
TSCOMPTUNED trust me u will be very happy
Maybe you didn't read my first post? I tried getting ahold of him 3 weeks ago, chatted back and forth very sporadically, he didn't like that I'm using an Evo X 3 bar on the one car and kept trying to sell me an omni 4 bar, and then just quit responding to me all together. I definitely won't be going that route.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 05:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
Try Aaron at English Racing
Old Jul 2, 2016, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by black_out
Maybe you didn't read my first post? I tried getting ahold of him 3 weeks ago, chatted back and forth very sporadically, he didn't like that I'5m using an Evo X 3 bar on the one car and kept trying to sell me an omni 4 bar, and then just quit responding to me all together. I definitely won't be going that route.

Yea i didnt read the post. Well if he is asking you u to upgrade it there's gotta be a reason but anyways good luck with ur tune. Post up results
Old Jul 2, 2016, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
OP did you give UMS a call?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
I would recommend Merlin.oz, he is great to work with. In person and via email. He's on here, just send him a P.M.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 02:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Nothing too new on this, so thought I would Bring it up to the top. My 2005 SSL had a EVO 9 Turbo, larger injectors, 93 octane, cams etc...and was tuned. I bought the car, and it does not...as in it does not have aftermarket Cams, it has the OEM 9.5 2003 turbo, stock injectors and only 91 in my area... basically stock with intake and exhaust. Car does not run that great, so I am trying to get it tuned. My Tuner is very bust, and I have not gotten a date yet. So I am thinking about just getting a tactrix cable, and seeing if someone can remote tune it.

I have been looking at forums, facebook etc..and not much new info on it, but it looks like back in the day, the remote tunes cost 300 bucks, and the cable another 100...so I would be at 400 bucks, while my tuner would charge 500 bucks. So I guess my question is, does anyone know someone that can tune a basically stock car to run decent? for less then 300 bucks? I mean, I would like to still run some higher boost, as much as I could the stock turbo, and on 91 safely, or should I just go get a "real tune" from a guy on a Dyno?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would go with a 4bar map

3 bar map wont let you run much boost if it was on oem turbo or smaller turbo it would be fine
Old Jun 9, 2018, 06:48 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Hit up Jay @ Boosted Tuning, he can answer all those questions:

jay@boostedtuning.com

He's done almost all my tuning, on all my cars, for the past seven years. The guy knows his stuff.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Going to bring this thread back as I'm currently looking for a remote tuner.
I reached out to TSCOMP, Pure Drive, BoostedTuning but I'm unable to get a response...

Any other remote tuners out there? or maybe local tuners in NY?
Old Aug 1, 2018, 02:01 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by blackline
Going to bring this thread back as I'm currently looking for a remote tuner.
I reached out to TSCOMP, Pure Drive, BoostedTuning but I'm unable to get a response...

Any other remote tuners out there? or maybe local tuners in NY?
TSCOMP in infamously hard to reach, haven't heard of Pure Drive... but I find it surprising BoostedTuning is hard to reach. Everyone I send says they get replies right away. Here's his Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/BoostedTuning/

I'd tag him here, if i could remember how.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
TSCOMP in infamously hard to reach, haven't heard of Pure Drive... but I find it surprising BoostedTuning is hard to reach. Everyone I send says they get replies right away. Here's his Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/BoostedTuning/

I'd tag him here, if i could remember how.

I'll try reaching out to Boosted via FB.

Quick Reply: Remote tuner recommendations?