Notices

Introducing the Spark Cut patch, finally a solution for SST Boost of the line

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2016, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Works good on 56920008 EDM SST 2011.
In fact, it works too good. Had transmission overheating after two tries.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
more and more I watch these videos, more and more really looks like I have something similar or perhaps a same... lol

I cant tell. My tuner said it doesn't build boost ( version I have it) , but keep the boost from falling. The car does feel more linear since I got the tune with it , between shifts. Also he tuned for a long haul, not really stressed the engine out.
I have probably hard 30K more mile on the odo meter since I have the tune, and I absolutely love it. Also 0 issues, not the best gas mileage though.

The tuner simply just called it his version of pops and bangs. lol So if its similar the tune or a same just less aggressive, I have to say you def. feel it when you drive the Evo, with this type of tune

the flames

on the road mildly pushed, my friend drove it to feel the difference( sorry for the sound quality)

Last edited by Robevo RS; Aug 21, 2016 at 02:19 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2016, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
more and more I watch these videos, more and more really looks like I have something similar or perhaps a same... lol

I cant tell. My tuner said it doesn't build boost ( version I have it) , but keep the boost from falling. The car does feel more linear since I got the tune with it , between shifts. Also he tuned for a long haul, not really stressed the engine out.
I have probably hard 30K more mile on the odo meter since I have the tune, and I absolutely love it. Also 0 issues, not the best gas mileage though.

The tuner simply just called it his version of pops and bangs. lol So if its similar the tune or a same just less aggressive, I have to say you def. feel it when you drive the Evo, with this type of tune

the flames
EvoX - Pops and Bangs - YouTube

on the road mildly pushed, my friend drove it to feel the difference( sorry for the sound quality)
Pops & Bangs by Dynoproject.hu - YouTube
I believe with that it retards the timing after you let off to keep the turbo spooling, this is to help the sst cars get off the line better
Old Aug 22, 2016, 09:23 AM

the flames
EvoX - Pops and Bangs - YouTube

Pops & Bangs by Dynoproject.hu - YouTube
man that would drive me nuts in traffic.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mark1si
man that would drive me nuts in traffic.
you can drive it without one pop,and still be faster then a surrounding traffic.
The pops and bangs doesn't come into play under 3600 RPM.
In fact you mostly only hear pops in 1st to second in traffic.

But the best part is, as soon as you actually driving it, you wouldn't want the car be quiet anymore.

Basically like this, some people like loud girls in the bed, some prefer the quiet ones.
Each are they own...
Old Aug 23, 2016, 07:40 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
your not on stock ECU thou are you Rob?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra
on the street car, in the video, i am stock.
The rally car has a GEMs.

The street car has no other mods, but TBE and an intake. Plus a GFB BOV.

just to make the car noise.

That is all i wanted. Although the tuner dont really liked my idea about the HKS RS intake at all. He even said it, he think its a bad idea.
He did spend extra hours just to calibrate the air flow etc before the tune. He hates me for that lol.
But the stock box has no noise ))
yes i am a ricer.

I am also really dumb about the tune, so you ask me questions as a user, i am happily answer for you. The tuning itself is not my field. sorry.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tephra

Sounds to me like it's a pops and bangs map, aka negative timing in 0-20 load zones above 3500rpm, I have a map like that for my car
Old Aug 23, 2016, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by franzcars
Sounds to me like it's a pops and bangs map, aka negative timing in 0-20 load zones above 3500rpm, I have a map like that for my car
its def. doesnt build boost he said that. but its keeps it up for a while where you lift, and dropps it very slowly. which is perfect between shifts when its on.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Here's a video of the Kozmic Ralliart launching at the shootout. This was only on 4-5 psi and there's more to go with it. Video by Mikkail Diedrich

Facebook Post
Old Aug 25, 2016, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by franzcars
Here's a video of the Kozmic Ralliart launching at the shootout. This was only on 4-5 psi and there's more to go with it. Video by Mikkail Diedrich

https://www.facebook.com/mikkail.die...9525468280861/
For anyone seeing the error video no longer available here is the raw URL.

"https://www.facebook.com/mikkail.diedrich/videos/10209525468280861/"
Old Aug 25, 2016, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Is this one any better?
Facebook Post
Old Aug 25, 2016, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good!
Old Aug 26, 2016, 03:59 PM

you can drive it without one pop,and still be faster then a surrounding traffic.
The pops and bangs doesn't come into play under 3600 RPM.
In fact you mostly only hear pops in 1st to second in traffic.

But the best part is, as soon as you actually driving it, you wouldn't want the car be quiet anymore.

Basically like this, some people like loud girls in the bed, some prefer the quiet ones.
Each are they own...
Oh mine is loud when I get her there!!! Open dump and boost activated cut out. That is not "loud" its more like the voice of a valley girl on helium. Kinda funny at first but annoying after a while. Like you said to "each they own".
Old Aug 27, 2016, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Hello again, added 56900010 2011 MR and 55570006 2010 USDM GSR to the available patches

Quick Reply: Introducing the Spark Cut patch, finally a solution for SST Boost of the line