Notices
ECU Flash

Car really leans out around 2000-3000rpm

Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well as I originally said this isn't a tuning issue and since I was right, turned out my COP harness which failed to lock in the pins which made weak contact with the coils caused a slight misfire which was causing the lean condition. Fixed the connector and the car ran great. Now it's popping code P0113 and acting in a very similar way. Checked and also replaced the IAT sensor and no go. Time to check the wiring.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:50 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
its good that you fixed your cop harness, whats strange though is a miss fire will usually cause a rich condition because of unburnt fuel entering into the exhaust. That P0113 code is not good though, looks like your MAF could be acting up which would make alot of sense in the context of your problems.

Edit, Sorry your on speed density, what kind of IAT are you seeing in your log?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
its good that you fixed your cop harness, whats strange though is a miss fire will usually cause a rich condition because of unburnt fuel entering into the exhaust. That P0113 code is not good though, looks like your MAF could be acting up which would make alot of sense in the context of your problems.

Edit, Sorry your on speed density, what kind of IAT are you seeing in your log?
I'm using the sensor that spooling up sells. Replaced it with a BWR sensor from the local parts store and no good. The negative value ita reading is usually either a bad sensor or unplugged sensor. Suspecting bad wiring in the harness somewhere.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 02:06 PM
kaj

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by spdracr83
I'm using the sensor that spooling up sells. Replaced it with a BWR sensor from the local parts store and no good. The negative value ita reading is usually either a bad sensor or unplugged sensor. Suspecting bad wiring in the harness somewhere.
Crap, dude. Good luck. Electrical gremlins are the worst. So hard to figure out, sometimes.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by spdracr83
Ouch, well you can start with a visual inspection, also make sure to check that all the grounds are good and tight. If that doesn't yield anything you can bust out the multimeter and start tracing down the open circuit.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
really the problem here is your ego, from the first response i made to your post i was trying to help you. I'll acknowledge that you never actually asked for help, but reading what your problem was and what you where doing to try and fix it just sent up all kinds of red flags to me. I get that you where trying to help OP somehow by posting here, but all you really did was pass him false information, claiming it isnt his tune when you couldn't possibly know that as fact, and communicate your own unresolved problems. Learn to be humble, obviously if you knew the answer you would have already fixed it. Don't take other peoples advice/opinions as a personal attack on your intelligence. I was not trying to ridicule you, i was trying to get you to critically think about your methodology in dealing with this problem and maybe approach it a little more logically. Good luck on fixing your problem, and sorry OP for this getting so
If that's what you think, you haven't contributed anything of value here, the op is making his own headway with his issues as am I. Your problem seems to be YOUR EGO thinking you know it all and really showing nothing of value. I'm trying hard not to disrespect you, but dude your not helping anyone. Your just guessing like the rest of us.

As far as me giving him misinformation, wrong again, now your looking stupid. I said it to Kaj, now to you, go read my first post. I stated my problem and what I was doing to find it, I didn't advise the op to do anything, your the one guessing, assuming and shouting out misinformation. He seems to be doing better without your help. Just saying.

When I figure out mine, I will pm the op with my findings, just been to busy to fuss with the car atm.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Migsubishi
If that's what you think, you haven't contributed anything of value here, the op is making his own headway with his issues as am I. Your problem seems to be YOUR EGO thinking you know it all and really showing nothing of value. I'm trying hard not to disrespect you, but dude your not helping anyone. Your just guessing like the rest of us.

As far as me giving him misinformation, wrong again, now your looking stupid. I said it to Kaj, now to you, go read my first post. I stated my problem and what I was doing to find it, I didn't advise the op to do anything, your the one guessing, assuming and shouting out misinformation. He seems to be doing better without your help. Just saying.

When I figure out mine, I will pm the op with my findings, just been to busy to fuss with the car atm.
dude nobody cares anymore, crawl back under the bridge you came from
Old Aug 14, 2016, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

dude nobody cares anymore, crawl back under the bridge you came from
Deal, but after you take a long walk off a short peer, you prove yourself more and more useless with each post you make. Good bye/
Old Aug 14, 2016, 03:59 PM

Test continuity From Pin 72 Connector C-115 on the ecu to the pigtail for the sensor. If that is good then its probably a grounding issue. Without a good ground the sensor won't work properly. If You do not get continuity between pin 72 and the sensor pigtail start working your way back until you do and then you will find where the open circuit is.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 05:11 PM
kaj

What are the odds of you being right about attitude and all of us wrong? Hmm..
Old Aug 14, 2016, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kaj
What are the odds of you being right about attitude and all of us wrong? Hmm..
Very good since you still haven't made a helpful post yet, sounds like to me that you should practice what you preach. Stop being a child looking for an arguement because I'm starting to get tired of arguing with stupid.

I talk to the op outside of this thread, we'll figure our cars out. Since you and know it all killed this thread, "You" can have that last word, arguing with stupid is beneath me.

Last edited by Migsubishi; Aug 14, 2016 at 05:36 PM.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 05:33 PM
kaj

Oh, Lord.

Old Aug 14, 2016, 05:59 PM

Very good since you still haven't made a helpful post yet, sounds like to me that you should practice what you preach. Stop being a child looking for an arguement because I'm starting to get tired of arguing with stupid.

I talk to the op outside of this thread, we'll figure our cars out. Since you and know it all killed this thread, "You" can have that last word, arguing with stupid is beneath me.
Cool story bro
Old Aug 14, 2016, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Cool story bro
Got an even cooler one bro, I just fixed the problem, she runs like a dream!!!! Moooohooooohooohaahaaahaa.

I'll give ya a hint, it was nothing you mentioned

I'll text the op what the problem was!

Thanks for the entertainment guys!
Old Aug 14, 2016, 08:52 PM
kaj

Got an even cooler one bro, I just fixed the problem, she runs like a dream!!!! Moooohooooohooohaahaaahaa.

I'll give ya a hint, it was nothing you mentioned

I'll text the op what the problem was!

Thanks for the entertainment guys!
Holy crap, you sure showed him.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car really leans out around 2000-3000rpm