Notices
ECU Flash

Swapped to SD, great cruise and Idle, AWFUL WoT (rich)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2016, 05:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Swapped to SD, great cruise and Idle, AWFUL WoT (rich)

Good evening everyone,

I recently made a swap to SD because the MAF was giving me so many headaches on my 7163 setup. It was idling everywhere, causing issues with idle RPM, cruise would lean out on tip in, etc. Anyway, switching to SD fixed it near instantly. Trims between -1.8-and +2.

Anyway, I noticed however that as soon as I get into any sort of boost, it immediately goes dead rich, to the point that the car pulls timing, and literally stops making power. I obviously haven't kept trying outside of a few pulls, so I wanted to see what everyone thinks here. The issue starts around 3500 RPM, and will not go away. No knock, just timing pull.

My current MAP VE table are all 1:1, and I've adjusted the RPM VE table up and down with no success. Fuel injectors are FIC 1000s scaled to the example in the supermerge.

Any ideas what the issue could be?

EDIT: Using Omni 4bar
Old Sep 29, 2016, 09:28 AM

I'm pretty sure I've got it in working order now. WOT pulls are much better, and just need fine tuning once the car is fully ready to tune.

For anyone experiencing this (as the only forum post i saw about this ended abruptly), basically just lean out injectors, and latencies, reset the VE and go from there. Takes some patience, but I got it to where it needs to be in all phases.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Glad you figured it out and posted back your findings. Are you planning on taking your car to the dyno? I'm interested in seeing more 7163 dyno plots for Evos since they are far and few between here.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 02:45 PM

Very soon in fact!

R/T Ernie posted about our bad dyno day in the EFR thread. I tried to use the IWG that it came with and it literally fell flat on it's face after 20psi (as in spiked to 20, and immediately dropped to 10psi to redline). I just got the Turbosmart twinport, and will be installing it soon, and then it's back to the dyno.

At the end of the day we just tuned the boost down all the way, and decided to try another day. The results will get posted there ASAP.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
You're right with using the ve table to make the adjustments. If your cruise and idle behavior is how you want it, you shold avoid making adjustments to the injector latency or scaling.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tuxevo
You're right with using the ve table to make the adjustments. If your cruise and idle behavior is how you want it, you shold avoid making adjustments to the injector latency or scaling.
Well, see that was the issue. The VE table wasn't getting rid of that dead rich WoT unless I went into crazy type numbers on the table. That's why I ended up leaning out globally with the injectors and then going back to the VE, resetting and dialing in from there.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
are you using SD 1.0 or 2.0? i also have the boost taper you speak of, only i run an inlet restrictor due to the class regulations i run in when racing.....curious to see what your boost tables are like and what your target boost levels are >?