Notices
ECU Flash

Evo scan 2.9 vs Ecu Flash High Octane Maps

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2016, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Evo scan 2.9 vs Ecu Flash High Octane Maps

How do I get my evo scan to read same as what I see in ecu flash?

Also when I make changes to my ecu flash maps do I need to re read from ecu via evo scan everytime?

And also is there a program or app that will highlight what cells were used during a pull?

Or do I need a 2nd person to help?

The only way I have been doing it is do a pull then view log for load-rpm then adjust cells near or around load and rpm I logged.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 09:34 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Under Evoscan "Graphs & Maptracer" you right click on the lower map and select "Load ROM (Hex and XML files..)"
then navigate to the folder you are saving your roms in ecuflash and select your most current rom.
The following users liked this post:
4b11slayer (Oct 28, 2016)
Old Oct 28, 2016, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Does this work with tephra? For some reason I could never get this feature to work.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Does this work with tephra? For some reason I could never get this feature to work.
you need to make sure that the tephra XML is also loaded into evoscan. You would place that under Documents->EvoScan(x.X)->ROMS

I believe it should work also if you have ecuflash installed with the XML loaded but try what i put above and see if that helps.

Sorry had to edit that
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
Under Evoscan "Graphs & Maptracer" you right click on the lower map and select "Load ROM (Hex and XML files..)"
then navigate to the folder you are saving your roms in ecuflash and select your most current rom.
Thanks BiggieSacks.

I was mistaken and thought everytime I changed ecu flash map I had to (read from ecu) in evo scan to carry over the changes.

Also like I said I make adjustments by looking at datalog in excel, And tracing load vs rpm to make adjustments.

Is there any way to leave a trace over cells in a High octane map that were in use during data log?
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:44 AM

Yah under Evoscan map tracer you hit Load Log #1 on the bottom left. Select your log and then check the things you want traced out. You will need to load your ROM like i mentioned before and then select the table you want traced through. For example you open your log and then select knock count then select Show High octane ignition map on the bottom map.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Yah under Evoscan map tracer you hit Load Log #1 on the bottom left. Select your log and then check the things you want traced out. You will need to load your ROM like i mentioned before and then select the table you want traced through. For example you open your log and then select knock count then select Show High octane ignition map on the bottom map.
So I followed your instructions but I couldn't get passed viewing the virtual dyno graph and viewing my high octane map.

So I noticed it said press ALT +1 for grid view and wallah I have highlighted cells around map areas were knock was occurring!

SO THATS HOW YOU DO IT!!!

This has been my story of DIY tuning. Gotta physically do it to get it right.

There becomes a point were reading becomes foggy.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by 4b11slayer
So I followed your instructions but I couldn't get passed viewing the virtual dyno graph and viewing my high octane map.

So I noticed it said press ALT +1 for grid view and wallah I have highlighted cells around map areas were knock was occurring!

SO THATS HOW YOU DO IT!!!

This has been my story of DIY tuning. Gotta physically do it to get it right.

There becomes a point were reading becomes foggy.
Awsome! Yah i probably should have mentioned needing to be in the Grid Tab. For my Evoscan it starts there by default so i just assumed (DOH!) you would be starting there. Im glad you got it figured out though, gluck with your tuning.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

So im still fighting afr issues.

Idle fuel trim -0 cruise is 4.

I have an irratic wideband that sweeps full rich/lean.

My part throttle is rich 11.8-12 afr.

I do 3rd gear wot run and afr drops to 10.x and as boost rises it will keep rising from 11.0-12.4 up top.

I just cant seem to get my Actual afr to flow with my target afr in High Octane map.

My target afr are lean and still wideband is rich.

How do i make my high octane map true to wideband without sacrificing fuel trims?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 02:01 PM

the numbers in the map aren't meant to match what you see from your wideband. The numbers are arbitrary and you just manipulate them to get the desired AFR on your wideband. So if you know you need more fuel from a particular cell you lower what ever number is in that cell, if you need to lean out you raise that number. Also you should disable lean spool because that will mess with your readings.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

the numbers in the map aren't meant to match what you see from your wideband. The numbers are arbitrary and you just manipulate them to get the desired AFR on your wideband. So if you know you need more fuel from a particular cell you lower what ever number is in that cell, if you need to lean out you raise that number. Also you should disable lean spool because that will mess with your readings.
Thanks biggiesacks

I understand that they are arbitrary and dont represent actual afr.

Im just scared since my target afr is close to 13 afr and im reading 11 afr. Alot of the maps ive seen look like 12.0 all the way across the map except in the low load cruise areas of 14.7.

Biggie do you know what the option to inerpolate vertical or horizontal in ecu flash os for?
Old Nov 6, 2016, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Also my lean spool is disabled by starting and ending at 2500 rpm.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 02:39 PM

Thanks biggiesacks

I understand that they are arbitrary and dont represent actual afr.

Im just scared since my target afr is close to 13 afr and im reading 11 afr. Alot of the maps ive seen look like 12.0 all the way across the map except in the low load cruise areas of 14.7.

Biggie do you know what the option to inerpolate vertical or horizontal in ecu flash os for?
yah interpolate lets you take range and set one number in the high cell and one number in the low cell and it will automatically insert the numbers between them. At least thats how I remember it. What kind of load are you logging, it could be that you aren't hitting the same cell you think you are.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Logging 2byte and load

Im seeing 280-300 load max fp red 30 psi
Old Nov 6, 2016, 02:52 PM

Logging 2byte and load

Im seeing 280-300 load max fp red 30 psi
2byte load is good. You can verify what you are seeing by making a small change and seeing if you get the expected result. You can't really compare fuel maps from other cars because of different fuel system setups and maf calibrations, or sd tunes etc. What your seeing could be the result of a second pump kicking on at that area of the map or maybe slight regulator over run. Another thing to keep in mind is that AFR readings can sometimes trail a little behind the rest of the log, depending on your logging setup, hardware, sensor position etc. Also there is map smoothness so if your somewhere between 2 cells one is say 10 and one is 13 the result might be an 11 or a 12 depending on which cell its closer too. The ECU interpolates between two cells if the value lies somewhere between them.
4b11slayer (Nov 6, 2016)

Quick Reply: Evo scan 2.9 vs Ecu Flash High Octane Maps