Notices

Germany Evo owners

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2015, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike-Who
You will have fun in Spain with that evo... lucky you.. I got stuck going to Cali..
From what I've heard the roads are ****, tons of speed cameras...I've been told by a few people to not bother bringing it. I may sell it, or leave it in storage in Germany.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 09:37 PM

hey guys thinking about picking up a 14 evo x before i come to germany. Should i get it tuned here in the states or is there a tuner in Germany that can do US ecu's? Also I have to store the car while im in Korea what should i do to it before storing?
Old May 3, 2016, 03:46 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bigboygmc
hey guys thinking about picking up a 14 evo x before i come to germany. Should i get it tuned here in the states or is there a tuner in Germany that can do US ecu's? Also I have to store the car while im in Korea what should i do to it before storing?

Here's some advice if you're brining it to Germany...do what you can and get it tuned (for 93 octane) before coming over. I'm at Ramstein and there is no where I've found that can truly tune and install on our cars here. I want to say you have to drive to another country to find an experienced Evo X mechanic/tuner. If you're really mechanically inclined, then bring it, install parts yourself and get E-tunes.
Old May 3, 2016, 03:54 AM

yea thats the plan was to do a etune.. I would like to get my exhaust and turbo upgrade installed and tuned before leaving but i was there before and they gave me a hard time about my exhaust noise... So i will spend about 2 days in the auto hobby shop installing parts lol
Old May 3, 2016, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by MARQ
Here's some advice if you're brining it to Germany...do what you can and get it tuned (for 93 octane) before coming over. I'm at Ramstein and there is no where I've found that can truly tune and install on our cars here. I want to say you have to drive to another country to find an experienced Evo X mechanic/tuner. If you're really mechanically inclined, then bring it, install parts yourself and get E-tunes.
what about this shop :

Just-Solutions
Phone #: +49-172-6910804
Rathausstrasse 15
65203 Wiesbaden
Germany
Email: mailto:Steffen.Thormann@T-online.de
Old May 6, 2016, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
@bigboygmc

I am Steffen, the owner of Just-Solutions.

We can do the service, install and tune for the Evo X
We work exclusive on all Evo Platforms...
I am do Ecuflash, so no lockout....

To tell you the truth, it will be a hard time for you to get inspection for the car if you have an to loud exhaust....or the car is too low...

For the tune : Almost any Tune for 93 coming over from the US will get you in trouble....over the time
The tunes were always nicely made, and with a lot of Power....but most of these failed when used for High speed driving at the German highways for longer time .. Headgasket, Piston melt, broken Valves and Plugs....and so on.
Highway use under certain conditions will always be the highest stress for an engine ( temps are up, Turbos getting hotter than during hard pulls...

I am more on the conservative side regarding long therm stability...
During the mapping Process we pull the car 3 to 4 times back to back from 60mph to max Speed .. typically the knock starts to go up during the pulls 3 and 4 but are clean during Pull 1 and 2...

Take care when ordering your parts to get them as complete as possible regarding aftermarket parts, because it can be hard to get these stuff here locally.
Stock parts are not an problem, also standard Aftermarket things like Hoses and fittings..
if you want more information, feel free to contact me by E-mail..( please no PM )

Steffen
The following users liked this post:
bigboygmc (May 7, 2016)
Old May 7, 2016, 12:56 AM

email sent

Originally Posted by german_evoVII
@bigboygmc

I am Steffen, the owner of Just-Solutions.

We can do the service, install and tune for the Evo X
We work exclusive on all Evo Platforms...
I am do Ecuflash, so no lockout....

To tell you the truth, it will be a hard time for you to get inspection for the car if you have an to loud exhaust....or the car is too low...

For the tune : Almost any Tune for 93 coming over from the US will get you in trouble....over the time
The tunes were always nicely made, and with a lot of Power....but most of these failed when used for High speed driving at the German highways for longer time .. Headgasket, Piston melt, broken Valves and Plugs....and so on.
Highway use under certain conditions will always be the highest stress for an engine ( temps are up, Turbos getting hotter than during hard pulls...

I am more on the conservative side regarding long therm stability...
During the mapping Process we pull the car 3 to 4 times back to back from 60mph to max Speed .. typically the knock starts to go up during the pulls 3 and 4 but are clean during Pull 1 and 2...

Take care when ordering your parts to get them as complete as possible regarding aftermarket parts, because it can be hard to get these stuff here locally.
Stock parts are not an problem, also standard Aftermarket things like Hoses and fittings..
if you want more information, feel free to contact me by E-mail..( please no PM )

Steffen
Old Nov 22, 2020, 11:39 PM

Moving to Germany in JAN

What’s going on guys! Im moving to Germany in January and I’m worried about the inspections. This is a list of Parts on my Evo X. I did not shipped my stock parts to Germany 🤦🏻. I am going to have a hard time passing the inspection ?

Sheepey Race 3” front mount intercooler

ETS wrinkle black intake

ETS wrinkle black intercooler piping

ETS downpipe w/ external dump

ETS test pipe

Tomei Ti-extreme catback exhaust

Brand new ACT HDSS spring clutch

Brand new ACT street light flywheel

Brand new throw out bearing with mono lock collar

Cobb V2 access-port

Cobb 3 port boost solenoid

H&R lowering springs