Notices

Germany Evo owners

Old Jul 23, 2014, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MARQ
Hey! Glad I found this thread! Are you guys near Ramstein AB? I'm gonna be there around Jan '15, and bringing my X. Any, "be sure to....mods..." tips prior to arriving are greatly appreciated! I'm not sure how to have the car ready for German registration/emissions inspection.
Main thing is to make sure that your exhaust isn't louder than 95-96db, remove your front window tint, and ensure that any part of your exhaust or frame is not lower than 11cm high. Those are the main things that most people fail on.

Other little miscellaneous things are to make sure you have no leaks, your headlights are properly adjusted.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 03:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by joeBPUsupra
Main thing is to make sure that your exhaust isn't louder than 95-96db, remove your front window tint, and ensure that any part of your exhaust or frame is not lower than 11cm high. Those are the main things that most people fail on.

Other little miscellaneous things are to make sure you have no leaks, your headlights are properly adjusted.
95db!! Ask me how I know.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by forc3 f3d
LOL. Have you gotten with Henry yet? If you haven't let me know and I will text/call him.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 05:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by joeBPUsupra

Awesome. Thank you for the tips. I'll need a new exhaust, and that's about it..

... how often is this inspection though? Only when you get there, or annual?

Old Jul 27, 2014, 03:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MARQ
Awesome. Thank you for the tips. I'll need a new exhaust, and that's about it..

... how often is this inspection though? Only when you get there, or annual?

You can do a 2 year Inspection with a 2006/newer car.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:41 AM

Its been really quiet on here.

Who all is going to German Race Wars? It is in Eisenach. SEP 12-14.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 03:24 PM

Hi Guys,
i have two Racing Suspension for sale. Both in awesome condition!
1. BC Suspension BR Series with adjustable Top Mounts
2. H&R Racing suspension

I'am in near of Stuttgart...

Will trade for other evo parts! Let me know what you have...
Old Aug 23, 2014, 03:05 AM

I am in Stuttgart. Do you have any other go fast parts?
Old Aug 23, 2014, 11:27 AM

No Buddy.. Only the suspensions..
Old Aug 26, 2014, 02:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by forc3 f3d

im planning on buying another mid pipe from buschur with the cat on it. gonna stuff a chore boy in there too. i think the 95 db limit is stupid as **** anyway though.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

did anyone go to bitburg this past weekend? i saw a white iiiv there, forgot the doods name, and i saw roy there

roy seriously dood, that ride is sweet
Old Sep 22, 2014, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by rick1024
did anyone go to bitburg this past weekend? i saw a white iiiv there, forgot the doods name, and i saw roy there

I think that Terry went. His forum name is whotippedmycow.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by rick1024

The white Evo 8 was mine.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 03:07 AM

Does anyone have an evo 8 front bumper cover or an OEM intercooler sprayer switch?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 01:23 AM

Ok.... It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've been having problems with my car for a while. First off the car had been having problems with the transmission and master clutch. So I decided to do a complete rebuild. I began by dropping everything and replacing it. I began with the clutch and clutch master. I put a stage 4 in it and an AMS clutch master. Then I proceeded to put a MAP EF3 turbo, ultimate racing down pipe, full race manifold, AMS 260/270 cams, stings and retainers, dw 260, ID1000, AMS fuel rail, and SHEP Trans. I then went and got it tuned by a guy near Struttgart area witch I will list the name after this thread. Guy told me any type of work that needed to be done to the car tuning wise would be free of charge after I paid him 1000€ for the first tune when I bought the car. I told yhe guy to help fix the car because it was not running correctly and was under power. I also told him that I need gauges wired up and running. I told the guy if the cost went over 800€ to call me And let me know so I could change my finances. The guy had it for three months and never touched it and every time I called he told me he was so busy he could not talk or I could not get ahold of him for days on end. It was a simple job. I then went to his shop after I told him I was coming to pick up the car. I drive up to find him finally working on it. I told him three days prior that if it was not complete I was taking the car because nothing was being done. I get there at 10:00 and he started to work on it. He finished tuning it and hooked up one gauge while I was there. We then proceeded to call it a day because I had not had my car at all since coming back from deployment 8 months in the making. I get the car with still boost problems as well as exhaust leaks. I dropped the car off to have everything fixed and I get back the same problem I had with a tune. We then proceeded to go to the back room and discuss money. 2000€ he said. I replied with "what!" I asked him what the breakdown was and he said 500€ for the tune. But as I recall he told me the 1000€ was good from the last tune and it should have been free of charge. No because it was a major rebuild is what he told me. Ok so 500€ for the tune now where does 1500€ come from? 32 hours of work and grief trying to find a boost leak in the system. As I recall there are only a little over 6 horses that could cause a boost leak? Strange! Then he hooked up the air/fuel gauge that I help put in on the spot! I highly recommend no one take there vehicle to this shop ever!!! He is a huge ripe off!!! The only reason I have held it in for so long is because I'm leaving this country and I don't want soldiers or other ppl to get ripped off like I did. I treys to get the car retuned because it's still on the base map. Every time is called him he has been to busy to answer or not able to talk.

NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO IMPORT RACING!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Germany Evo owners