Notices

Germany Evo owners

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
ill be in Frankfurt for a next two or a bit more weeks. Any meets around there i can go and take a look or motorsport event?

Sadly i will not have any of my evo with me
Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by tmurphwuzup
Ok.... It's been awhile since I've been on here. I've been having problems with my car for a while. First off the car had been having problems with the transmission and master clutch. So I decided to do a complete rebuild. I began by dropping everything and replacing it. I began with the clutch and clutch master. I put a stage 4 in it and an AMS clutch master. Then I proceeded to put a MAP EF3 turbo, ultimate racing down pipe, full race manifold, AMS 260/270 cams, stings and retainers, dw 260, ID1000, AMS fuel rail, and SHEP Trans. I then went and got it tuned by a guy near Struttgart area witch I will list the name after this thread. Guy told me any type of work that needed to be done to the car tuning wise would be free of charge after I paid him 1000€ for the first tune when I bought the car. I told yhe guy to help fix the car because it was not running correctly and was under power. I also told him that I need gauges wired up and running. I told the guy if the cost went over 800€ to call me And let me know so I could change my finances. The guy had it for three months and never touched it and every time I called he told me he was so busy he could not talk or I could not get ahold of him for days on end. It was a simple job. I then went to his shop after I told him I was coming to pick up the car. I drive up to find him finally working on it. I told him three days prior that if it was not complete I was taking the car because nothing was being done. I get there at 10:00 and he started to work on it. He finished tuning it and hooked up one gauge while I was there. We then proceeded to call it a day because I had not had my car at all since coming back from deployment 8 months in the making. I get the car with still boost problems as well as exhaust leaks. I dropped the car off to have everything fixed and I get back the same problem I had with a tune. We then proceeded to go to the back room and discuss money. 2000€ he said. I replied with "what!" I asked him what the breakdown was and he said 500€ for the tune. But as I recall he told me the 1000€ was good from the last tune and it should have been free of charge. No because it was a major rebuild is what he told me. Ok so 500€ for the tune now where does 1500€ come from? 32 hours of work and grief trying to find a boost leak in the system. As I recall there are only a little over 6 horses that could cause a boost leak? Strange! Then he hooked up the air/fuel gauge that I help put in on the spot! I highly recommend no one take there vehicle to this shop ever!!! He is a huge ripe off!!! The only reason I have held it in for so long is because I'm leaving this country and I don't want soldiers or other ppl to get ripped off like I did. I treys to get the car retuned because it's still on the base map. Every time is called him he has been to busy to answer or not able to talk.

NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO IMPORT RACING!!!!
i have a great tuner, in Hungary. He tunes race cars rally cars dakar cars etc.

Send me a pm if you wanna know more. He speaks english maybe even german.

here is his Hungarian website, for some reference:
http://www.dynoproject.hu/hu/galeria.htm
Old Nov 23, 2014, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
i have a great tuner, in Hungary. He tunes race cars rally cars dakar cars etc. Send me a pm if you wanna know more. He speaks english maybe even german. here is his Hungarian website, for some reference: http://www.dynoproject.hu/hu/galeria.htm
I'm leaving Germany in two months to head back to the USA. I just don't want ppl to take there business to this person because he is a ripe off!
Old Nov 30, 2014, 11:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tmurphwuzup

NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO IMPORT RACING!!!!

Good to know!! Thanks!!!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 06:46 AM

Every experience I had with Importracing.de has been awesome. They did my sport alignment and he did a great job. He also provided me with some missing parts I needed for my Exedy triple clutch and Quaife LSD install that were otherwise difficult to get a hold of in a timely manner free of charge. This all happened this weekend. Which evo was yours he was working on? There are several there.

Last edited by blr2g; Dec 1, 2014 at 10:46 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wont be bringing the evo over to germany after all. decided to move back to the states in the next year or two
Old Dec 4, 2014, 08:23 AM

Rick that sucks bro.

Byron...He has the silver evoX
Old Dec 5, 2014, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

yeah i wanted to have fun with it but its just a lot of money for a short amount of time.

did see a gg X at the ramstein express whatever its called damn place getting gas. pretty clean looking with no wing
Old Dec 25, 2014, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

I parked next to the GG X a few days ago. Don't know who owns it.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:00 PM

What's up guys. Just got in to Ramstein. Seen a white X parked on base, and a white 7 driving around. ...When and where are meets? Also, I'm tuned for 91 pisstane gas...what gas should I use here? Thanks and hope to meet up with everyone soon!
Old Jan 29, 2015, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Pretty sure that was an 8 not a 7, and run 93 octane they have on base. You can probably get a little more power with a retune.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper04
Pretty sure that was an 8 not a 7, and run 93 octane they have on base. You can probably get a little more power with a retune.

I'm stationed in germany...they have 95 and Super 98 gas, at least that's what they call it here at the pump. Also, it was a 7. I'm sure you know they have older than Evo 8 models over here in Europe.

Trying to figure out if the 95 and 98 is really 91 or 93 gas. I'm running an EF2 and don't want to open it up on the Autobahn and put a hole in my block.

Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MARQ
I'm stationed in germany...they have 95 and Super 98 gas, at least that's what they call it here at the pump. Also, it was a 7. I'm sure you know they have older than Evo 8 models over here in Europe.

Trying to figure out if the 95 and 98 is really 91 or 93 gas. I'm running an EF2 and don't want to open it up on the Autobahn and put a hole in my block.

Thanks.

Pretty sure no 7's are rolling around on base and sleeper is the most knowledgeable evo guy on these forums. The evo you saw probably belongs to Garcia (and it's a 5). You know they have evo's older then 7s over here in Europe I have a white evo 8 but its in my driveway right now. I am tuned on 93 (98 on base I think). Car meets have died down a little and a lot of the people who ran/organized them have left or are leaving. We do have a car forum if you want added message me and I will send you an inv on facebook.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

If it was a 7 take a pic next time, I saw 1 evo 7 in 5 years there and it wasn't anywhere near ramstein. If it was a white evo with chromish looking wheels it was garcias. 98 Ron is equivalent to 93 octane us rating. You would be smart to get a retune. But that's just my opnion
Old Jan 30, 2015, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sleeper04
If it was a 7 take a pic next time, I saw 1 evo 7 in 5 years there and it wasn't anywhere near ramstein. If it was a white evo with chromish looking wheels it was garcias. 98 Ron is equivalent to 93 octane us rating. You would be smart to get a retune. But that's just my opnion

^ Has the slowest evo in Germany.

This the evo you saw?

Last edited by whotippedmycow; Jan 30, 2015 at 11:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Germany Evo owners