Notices

Evo 4 cut out last night now just turns over but no spark and wont start...?

Old Jul 13, 2014, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 4 cut out last night now just turns over but no spark and wont start...?

Hi all im new to the forum so any help you guy's can offer would be gratfully received....now to the issue...i have an Evo 4 GSR import fitted with a Clifford G5 Intelliguard alarm system ....the problem started the other week after starting the car will run great but if you go to the shops say and lock it with the alarm when you come to start it again the car will not run its as if the immobilizer is still on...so come to the conclusion that it must be the alarm...well last night i came home and while i was driving the engine just died as if the immobilizer had came in like when you lock it ...i got out then reset the alarm it didnt start for a while then while sitting there miss firing like the immobilizer had cut the fuel it suddenly run ok only to later on when nearly home just died all together now it just turns over and will not fire up have checked to see if there is a spark but no spark....am i looking at a faulty alarm or am i looking at a new cam sensor / crank sensor or whatever you might think is wrong sorry for the long post but it is driving me mad now..... thanks in advance.....
Old Jul 13, 2014, 09:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have since done the test on the obd and counting the light flashes on the dash and these codes came up = 22 23 44...not sure what these mean as in how to fix the problem...?