Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Skunk 2 Intake Manifold

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2010, 02:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mellon Tuning
sounds like a frustrating journey, and now we have completely different results
Frustrating, Yes. The results are about the same. It was first tested against a stock manifold. My test was against a BR ported manifold. My results show a slight gain up top with a small loss in low and mid range. Knowing what the BR manifold does vs. stock I would assume this manifold will pick up over stock as well. Is it worth the money or the frustration? That is up for you guys to decide.

One thing to note about the testing done here, We tested it with a stand alone and I am not sure what ECU was used when they did their test. With a stock ECU, way to many variables are introduced and its just not very accurate. Once this thing was installed on the stock ECU no matter what load point it is at, It will either go rich or lean if the manifold actually makes a difference. With the stock ECU it may get to a different load point which is probably automatically going to change the tune from pull to pull.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ckjeepin
Your DJ bashing is getting quite old. WHO CARES WHICH DYNO THIS WAS DONE ON AS LONG AS THEY WERE ON THE SAME DYNO WITH SAME CF THE TEST IS ACCURATE!
I did mention earlier this test is valid, regardless of dyno and/or CF, and the result is pretty good. And well done to the workshop for providing useful information to the forum.

RE: DynoJets: If you don't like dynojet number bashing, calibrate them so they produce realistic and accurate numbers.

Just remember weather you like it or not (I suspect you and others prob don't care), Dynojet numbers (and high CFs) are laughed at outside the USA and the results unfortunately have little or no credibility outside on the USA.

Thumbs up to the workshops who don't use high CFs and provide there customers true power output results, and don't try and match other workshop who quite frankly fudge results.

And GO THE CAPS LOCK
Old Oct 29, 2010, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

FQ400, The reason DJs are the most common and the "standard" for people in the US is because you can't calibrate them to show anything different. They ALL read very similar and you can't manipulate them to read a different CF. If you use a SAE or Standard CF it states it on the sheet whereas Mustangs and Dyno Dynamics don't visible show the CF.

Your arguing is pointless.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

I'm following fq400 and his dynojet hating! It's funny! But nice tests and thanks for helping out on our decision making. I'd send a porting bill to skunk2! Lol!
Old Oct 29, 2010, 07:34 PM
Account Disabled

nice numbers!!!!
Old Oct 29, 2010, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jasnm21
FQ400, The reason DJs are the most common and the "standard" for people in the US is because you can't calibrate them to show anything different. They ALL read very similar and you can't manipulate them to read a different CF. If you use a SAE or Standard CF it states it on the sheet whereas Mustangs and Dyno Dynamics don't visible show the CF.

Off topic, but Mustang dyno's are the standard and there are more mustang dyno's out there then any other brand.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BenJ
Off topic, but Mustang dyno's are the standard and there are more mustang dyno's out there then any other brand.
I know but a Mustang can be manipulated and the user can raise the CF without anyone knowing, same with a Dyno Dynamics. DJ is the only one that you can't hit "control x" and change the setting so it is the "standard" for dyno's in the states. A DJ at say ER reads very very similar to a DJ at AWD. Mustangs all read the same from factory but there are many shops that use a higher correction factor and will argue they don't. If you didn't understand what I said, then sorry.

Sorry for the OT
Old Oct 30, 2010, 04:06 AM
Evolved Member

Heres some testing I found on a stock IX turbo. A little more modest gains

http://pure-tuning.com/blog/?p=207#more-207
Old Oct 30, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

I agree, it seems to be an American thing... give people the numbers they want , and don't worry about truth & accuracy.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

I know but a Mustang can be manipulated and the user can raise the CF without anyone knowing, same with a Dyno Dynamics.
I agree that is a big issue, but it comes down to the workshops credibility.

Years ago, I had a workshop tune my car, they fudged the dyno results... i was happy to begin with, until i ran the 1/4mile and took the car to get checked at another workshop and found it was 51whp down. (DD whp...)

Everyone then knew the workshop fudged numbers and guess what, people stopped using that workshop and its now closed.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 03:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BenJ
Mustangs are NOT the standard. Dont know who told you that, but they told you wrong.

Dynojet IS.

A dynojet can not be manipulated and prints if a CF was used or not. And all dynojets across the US read very similar.

MD and DD can EASILY be manipulated and they all read different.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 03:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FQ4OO
I agree, it seems to be an American thing... give people the numbers they want , and don't worry about truth & accuracy.
Its not an American thing. Its a correct thing.

And I dont like your bashing of America , very uncalled for.

I didnt say all Austrians are dumb because you guys dont know anything about dynos. That would be rude and shouldnt be mentioned.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So how much power does your FQ400 make on a Dynodynamics or Mustang Dyno? Since it is rated at a 400hp at the crank you should be seeing a number close to 400 minus drivetrain losses. If you believe in 20% loss it would do 320whp and 15% would be 340whp.
Originally Posted by FQ4OO
RE: DynoJets: If you don't like dynojet number bashing, calibrate them so they produce realistic and accurate numbers.

Just remember weather you like it or not (I suspect you and others prob don't care), Dynojet numbers (and high CFs) are laughed at outside the USA and the results unfortunately have little or no credibility outside on the USA.

Thumbs up to the workshops who don't use high CFs and provide there customers true power output results
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:02 PM
Account Disabled

nice numbers!!! i like how i looks
Old Nov 4, 2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Its not an American thing. Its a correct thing.

And I dont like your bashing of America , very uncalled for.

I didnt say all Austrians are dumb because you guys dont know anything about dynos. That would be rude and shouldnt be mentioned.

haha its australian not austrian bro

Quick Reply: Skunk 2 Intake Manifold