Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Official "Pure" 91 octane evo thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
im running the s2 s on a 64 mm fp red.
Built engine: bottom end with bc springs/retainers on s2 cams.
Every bolt on possible: Rev 2 Intake mani/ milspec 65mm throttle body, aem intake, titek v1 02 dc sports cat delete downpipe, 2 18" preforated resonators in the exhaust with espelir jgt500 catback. 880 injectors walbro pump, tuned on gruppe s 3 port.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

oh forgot ets 3.5 intercooler with v2 licp and short route uicp all flat black. cusco oil catch can. forgot to add those haha
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Heres my car on 91oct. FP Black, HKS 280s, Stock Block, Etc.

Old Feb 8, 2012, 12:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 Evolution 9 SE

Motor:

Built 2.3 with AMS stroker kit (Manley h-beams, Ross pistons)
4g64 crank
AMS balance shaft eliminator
Forced Performance FP4R cams

Turbo:
Peakboost Turbo Kit GT35R (0.63 hotside)

Supporting Mods:
ETS upper intercooler pipe
ETS Intake
Hallman MBC
Forge Type RS BOV
AMS FMIC
Buschur Racing double pumper
Wilson Racing Fuel Rail
ID2000 cc injectors
Spoolin Up coil on plug
Sound performance 3" boost actuated exhaust valve
Stock catback

Tuned By Tom (tscompusa)

Pump 91, 29 psi

Old Feb 8, 2012, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by dastallion951
im running the s2 s on a 64 mm fp red.
Built engine: bottom end with bc springs/retainers on s2 cams.
Every bolt on possible: Rev 2 Intake mani/ milspec 65mm throttle body, aem intake, titek v1 02 dc sports cat delete downpipe, 2 18" preforated resonators in the exhaust with espelir jgt500 catback. 880 injectors walbro pump, tuned on gruppe s 3 port.
by the way it looks on your dyno..i think your car needs a little more smoothing to do after 5k..but with your mods
Old Feb 8, 2012, 03:22 AM

impressive fellas.....we got a sponsor in..hopefully. can answer questions others might have..
Old Feb 8, 2012, 03:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Mauricio Evo IV
Here is my virtual dyno chart!
Originally Posted by dastallion951
heres my graph on 91 octane fp red full boltons and built engine
Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Heres my car on 91oct. FP Black, HKS 280s, Stock Block, Etc.

These are some very nice results on pump/91. Is the intent of this thread to get a "Pump 91-Octane Dyno Results" thread of sorts? I think this would be a great idea and maybe someone should engage a moderator or something. In March I will have my EF4 tuned with all of the bells and whistles. I will be happy with 500whp and 375wtq as I will be on the stock bottom end.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
These are some very nice results on pump/91. Is the intent of this thread to get a "Pump 91-Octane Dyno Results" thread of sorts? I think this would be a great idea and maybe someone should engage a moderator or something. In March I will have my EF4 tuned with all of the bells and whistles. I will be happy with 500whp and 375wtq as I will be on the stock bottom end.
My goals with FP Black is 500 whp with 400 tq or more tq ...

My next mods are Evo 8 stock ported intake manifold (right now I have a evo 4 stock intake manifold), 65mm or 70mm throttle body, Speed Density, Perrin filter and new tune with Tom. I hope to get 500 whp with those mods and tune.

Good luck with your car and goals!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My goals with FP Black is 500 whp with 400 tq or more tq ... My next mods are Evo 8 stock ported intake manifold (right now I have a evo 4 stock intake manifold), 65mm or 70mm throttle body, Speed Density, Perrin filter and new tune with Tom. I hope to get 500 whp with those mods and tune. Good luck with your car and goals!
Hello, my friend. I have no doubt that you will achieve those levels once you install the parts listd for your next phase. I know that the EF4 can achieve those goals as well but since my engine has 107K miles on it, I want to play it safe during tuning as I am getting a MAP 2.3L this summer and I need the car to survive. If you are willing to wait, I will have an intake manifold for you as a possible core once I have the Rev2 installed.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Hello, my friend. I have no doubt that you will achieve those levels once you install the parts listd for your next phase. I know that the EF4 can achieve those goals as well but since my engine has 107K miles on it, I want to play it safe during tuning as I am getting a MAP 2.3L this summer and I need the car to survive. If you are willing to wait, I will have an intake manifold for you as a possible core once I have the Rev2 installed.
2.3? wow!! With that, you can get 550 whp +? Nice man!

Thanx but last week I bought a ported intake manifold.... good luck with your project!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

yea Pure evo thats what he wanted was a dynograph of what similar cars do on 91 octane. To be honest thats whats holding back my power, is 91 octane, mind you that car was tuned in a 107* ambient dyno room in the middle of summer, here in the inland empire in cali it gets real hot summers. So eventually once its paid off going double pumper bigger injectors, have my tuner push my fp red to make 30-35psi of boost, make 500 hp 500 ish tq I hope. But I have a good year to year and a half before paid off.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

@ Boosted your graph looks good, but imo, i know the 280s have more duration then my older hks 272 cams, but wouldnt a swap to the gsc s2 cams, lead to more midrange and top end power, thus increasing your midrange torque and top end horsepower. Just a thought. Your graph looks good, but with like any bodys car a certain part put on helps the supporting mods flow a lot better.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The oct gas here in my country is 89 oct. I use meth+water. With that I think the oct level is like 91 oct??? I´m correct?...BTW, with my oct level my car put 442whp/387 tq! Next moths I hope to get 60 whp more to touch 500 whp! =)
The final octane number obtained when mixing known 89 octane pump gas with H20/Meth depends on several factors. First off: What mixture of H20/Meth are you injecting(50/50, etc.)? Also, exactly how did you determine that your available pump gasoline was actually 89 R+M/2? Was the knock resistance of an actual sample of the fuel analyzed by a fuel lab?

Just off the cuff though, I would suspect that your pump + Meth/H2O mixture is a higher octane brew than straight 91 octane pump gas.

Last edited by sparky; Feb 8, 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
The final octane number obtained when mixing known 89 octane pump gas with H20/Meth depends on several factors. First off: What mixture of H20/Meth are you injecting(50/50, etc.)? Also, exactly how did you determine that your available pump gasoline was actually 89 R+M/2? Was the knock resistance of an actual sample of the fuel analyzed by a fuel lab?

Just off the cuff though, I would suspect that your pump + Meth/H2O mixture is a higher octane brew than straight 91 octane pump gas.
In Central America, exepto Guatemala, whe have poor oct level gas. the tuners said that and one analyzed by a fuel lab in Panama (in Europe with panaman gas) the result was 89 oct.

I found water on the walls of my fuel tank! the gas station here in my country mix water with gas!, the same with Costa Rica and Panama.

I have a mix 50/50 with h20 and meth.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah, don't forget that you and I are neighbors as I live next door in Honduras. If your country gets its gasoline from Venezuelan refineries(PetroSur, PetroCaribe), then we are talking some of the worst pump gas available anywhere.

Here in Honduras we have terminals on both the Caribbean coast and the Pacific Coast. The Caribbean terminals get there fuel from Arruba I think. Whereas the Pacific Coast terminals get their fuel exclusively from Venezuela(crap). El Salvador only has Pacific Coast terminals, or else the fuel would have to be trucked in across the isthmus from Puerto Cortes, or Puerto Barrios.

Quick Reply: Official "Pure" 91 octane evo thread