Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

TSCOMP TUNED strikes again 395hp/363tq almost stock Evo 9

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
TSCOMP TUNED strikes again 395hp/363tq almost stock Evo 9

Pretty amazed at this tune. I have a pretty much stock Aussie Evo 9 running on 93 pump fuel (98 oct Aussie fuel, same as 93 octane in the states). Mods are limited to -

Litespec 3" exhaust
Tomica 100cel steel cat
Meek (local workshop) 3" stainless front pipe
K&N pod filter (with home made airbox and Monster Sport carbon intake)
Alloy suction pipe (eBay one I think)
Grimmspeed EBCS
ETS licp
Walbro 255

That's it, stock cams, stock turbo, stock UICP's, stock injectors, stock coils, stock engine size, no E85, no water or meth injection. Nothing else done. Total price for all my mods is probably around $1200. O yeah, most important bit, a tune from Tom at TSCOMP.

Results

395hp and 363lbft or torque at 28psi on pump gas (no 3port so just eyeballing the boost gauge) (this is on smoothing 3 whatever that means, seems to be the one most people here use, looks the best too )

I did see over 400hp at one point but I had a few 2 counts of knock so Tom backed off the timing, I feel that this is a really safe tune. Almost 400hp and masses of torque with no knock.

Tom thought I should mention that this car is in Australia and it's now winter here so the log runs were done at about 15c (55F) air temp, he thought that no one would believe the numbers if I didn't mention that. Another thing is that the logging was done at 2200ft (750mtrs), I think that this car would be making over 400hp at sea level at this temp.

Car drives great! The most amazing thing isn't the power, it's the torque. Come out of corner at 2500rpm in 5th (cruising on the drive home from work) and just squeeze the pedal, the car just goes, no hesitation, just lots of grunt. The idle is great, no dips or anything even with the eBay suction pipe.

Tom at TSCOMP as been great, this is a result of 65 emails and 18 maps, each one giving just a bit more power. As he put it to me in his last email

"glad you like the numbers..it's what you get when you don't rush a tune and try to extract every last ounce of power out of the car while still maintaining a safe boundary so the motor stays in one piece"

Good job I say .

Thanks

Last edited by Fireescape; Jun 19, 2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome numbers man
I just got tuned by Tom myself and put down 374whp/326wtq. Also with minimal mods but 2psi less then you. I didn't want to go over 26psi on pump gas.

I have no doubt that torque must feel great. Tom could have gone higher but I asked him to keep it low until I get a built 5-speed.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:45 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks HaVoC187, yeah it's a lot of boost, might be closer to 29psi, I'm having a hard time eyeballing the boost gauge, rev gauge and road at the same time. First time the boost needle swung around to those numbers I was shocked, asked Tom if that was ok, he said "yeah that what I want" I wasn't getting any knock issues so Tom is happy and if Tom's happy so am I . Tom suggested that the Aussie 98ron must be good fuel, Vpower ftw! Wish it was a bit cheaper though!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:50 AM

impressive for minimal mods
Old Jun 20, 2012, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jesus, thats impressive. That's about what I'm making with BBK-Full and Kelfords!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:16 AM

Very nice!!!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 08:35 AM

Congrats on the numbers. Im curious, where is he located?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by joeBPUsupra
Im curious, where is he located?
He does remote tuning through email and phone calls. I think I read somewhere that he's in PA.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:15 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
thanks for the review and sharing the graph Andrew, glad you're happy! Ya the fuel is good.. that and the cold weather helps also.. the 2200ft sea level im not sure how much that effects power % but your car makes great power for miminal mods.

id say the fuel is like a 93 but a really good 93 .. possibly a 94.. the evo 9's are easy to make power on stock though because the head already has good size cams in it.. they are equiv to a hks 272 some would say from a evo 8 standpoint.

if at all possible shoot me over a 4th gear pull so i can confirm theres no detonation in 4th.. if there is i will lower boost a bit in 4th only .. ive already done so for 4-5 but we didnt get any logs .. so just shoot me that over when you get a chance.

enjoy the car and thanks for choosing me to tune it.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 11:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by joeBPUsupra
Congrats on the numbers. Im curious, where is he located?
Originally Posted by CollazoDSM
He does remote tuning through email and phone calls. I think I read somewhere that he's in PA.
Lancaster Pennsylvania / Hempfield district.

but ya, i pretty much focus on remote tuning so i can target the world.

i do local work also, but i do more remote then local at this point.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn that must be awesome!! I can't wait until I put on my IX turbo and get some cams in!

Tom FTW!!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 05:55 PM

Great numbers mate, torque makes driving much better.

for Tom and a great tune.....
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
if at all possible shoot me over a 4th gear pull so i can confirm theres no detonation in 4th.. if there is i will lower boost a bit in 4th only .. ive already done so for 4-5 but we didnt get any logs .. so just shoot me that over when you get a chance.
I just need to find somewhere where I can do 170km/h without being shot at. The police here would lock you up for doing that speed. Might have to go to my special "closed circuit" piece of road .
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Fireescape
Pretty amazed at this tune. I have a pretty much stock Aussie Evo 9 running on 93 pump fuel (98 oct Aussie fuel, same as 93 octane in the states). Mods are limited to -

Litespec 3" exhaust
Tomica 100cel steel cat
Meek (local workshop) 3" stainless front pipe
K&N pod filter (with home made airbox and Monster Sport carbon intake)
Alloy suction pipe (eBay one I think)
Grimmspeed EBCS
ETS licp
Walbro 255

That's it, stock cams, stock turbo, stock UICP's, stock injectors, stock coils, stock engine size, no E85, no water or meth injection. Nothing else done. Total price for all my mods is probably around $1200. O yeah, most important bit, a tune from Tom at TSCOMP.

Results

395hp and 363lbft or torque at 28psi on pump gas (no 3port so just eyeballing the boost gauge) (this is on smoothing 3 whatever that means, seems to be the one most people here use, looks the best too )

I did see over 400hp at one point but I had a few 2 counts of knock so Tom backed off the timing, I feel that this is a really safe tune. Almost 400hp and masses of torque with no knock.

Tom thought I should mention that this car is in Australia and it's now winter here so the log runs were done at about 15c (55F) air temp, he thought that no one would believe the numbers if I didn't mention that. Another thing is that the logging was done at 2200ft (750mtrs), I think that this car would be making over 400hp at sea level at this temp.

Car drives great! The most amazing thing isn't the power, it's the torque. Come out of corner at 2500rpm in 5th (cruising on the drive home from work) and just squeeze the pedal, the car just goes, no hesitation, just lots of grunt. The idle is great, no dips or anything even with the eBay suction pipe.

Tom at TSCOMP as been great, this is a result of 65 emails and 18 maps, each one giving just a bit more power. As he put it to me in his last email

"glad you like the numbers..it's what you get when you don't rush a tune and try to extract every last ounce of power out of the car while still maintaining a safe boundary so the motor stays in one piece"

Good job I say .

Thanks
Very nice work by Tom, congrats Fireescape I've been meaning to get my tune touched up by Tom as well. You do know that our Aussie IX's have that secret thingy from old mate, that helps Tom get those awesome near 400whp results.

Good onya, you must be smilin
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Fireescape
I just need to find somewhere where I can do 170km/h without being shot at. The police here would lock you up for doing that speed. Might have to go to my special "closed circuit" piece of road .
You mean the Nullabor?

Quick Reply: TSCOMP TUNED strikes again 395hp/363tq almost stock Evo 9