Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Pure Drive Performance Tuned Evo IX MR w/ minor bolt ons!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pure Drive Performance Tuned Evo IX MR w/ minor bolt ons!

Well...after over two years of owning my stock Evo I finally caved and took its virginity

The car had never been modded I happily drove my car with a stock tune and a few small mods I added (catback and drop in filter) for 2 years and loved every minute of it! However, I would have kicked myself in the *** if I never took advantage of such an awesome platform for modding while I owned it...but believe me, I was scared to take this step!

I was abel to pick up some Titanium ETS titanium intercooler piping as well as an ETS intake. I installed the mods and of course noticed some awesome spool sound. Initially I planned on running those for a few months, but thats when the bug hit me. I wanted to utilize my mods and pick up some MO POWA. Not a lot, but just a little

I had considered tuning the car locally, but I ventured into the forums to check out options for remote tuning. I had contacted several Pro Remote Tuners to get a feel for customer service and recommendations. Siluck2 is a friend of mine in Boise and recommended me to a guy named Christian who runs Pure Drive Performance Tuning based out of Colorado. I shot him an email and we hit it off instantly. Fast response time with good advice and he was even a customer with the company I work for (bodybuilding.com). My second option was Jay at Boosted Tuning as he also had a great response time, but I just went with my gut and pulled the trigger. Christian recommended a few more cost effective mods and ended up getting a (Hallman Pro, Walbro 255) to support the goal I was looking for.

Goal was a small increase in power with reliability and drivability as a #1 priority. Christian was able to remote access my computer and set up Evoscan and ECU flash for me promptly at our start time. We did everything from tuning Idle/AC to cruising in 3 different gears, and of course the WOT pulls in 3rd, 4th, with minor tweaks to the others.

By the end of the night we had a safe/fun tune that turned my car into an entirely new beast. I know some people don't like to share numbers but I don't mind! This is what I made on ETS Short Route IC piping, ETS intake, ETS catback, Hallman Pro, and Walbro HP 255. Boost was set to a safe 22.5 lbs.

I highly recommend Christian for any remote tuning needs (if thats how you want to go) He Tunes ALL Evo platforms and does a damn good job doing so. He will talk to you on the phone for as long as you like, even had him on the bluetooth while I was doing pulls lol. A+
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
3800lbs? Two 300lb occupants or do you log with four people in the car?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by razorlab
3800lbs? Two 300lb occupants or do you log with four people in the car?
It was me and 2 other friends, one logging on the laptop and the other planning our routes! So as you can imagine, driving by myself was a big change!
Old Mar 31, 2015, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Badass! Christian tunes my RS as well as my friend's X. Awesome tunes from a great dude.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by IzzyRS
Badass! Christian tunes my RS as well as my friend's X. Awesome tunes from a great dude.
Me also. Christian is the man.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Not surprised to see another awesome review for Christian. He's a good guy, and knows his stuff.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Another super satisfied customer of Pure Drive Performance here. He remote tuned my car, I'm in Australia, and I can't recommend him enough. Chris is an awesome tuner and never lets up until he's safely extracted every last horsepower your car's got to give. He's super easy to work with and is a true professional.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 07:44 PM

Christian has good customer service and replies. Happens with most etuners they all start well but get too big. Christian I feel has never been this way though.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Christian has tuned my car and as im looking to change a few things. He'll be doing the tuning again! Great guy and awesome service!