Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Real Street Evo 9 2.2 FP RED BB 650whp MHI and SS housing results

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 05:29 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I don't think Aby realizes he has an HTZ Red and not an HTA
Old Jan 18, 2017, 07:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
I don't think Aby realizes he has an HTZ Red and not an HTA
Originally Posted by Abacus

2006 Evo 9 SE Specs

RSP Built 4G63
RSP 2.2 Spec CP 10:1 Pistons
Headgames " Pocket Ported " Mivec Cylinder Head
GSC Billet S2 Cams With Full GSC Valvetrain
Skunk 2 Intake Manifold With 65MM TB
Forced Performance HTA Red BB With MHI Twin Scroll OEM Housing
Forced Performance Exhaust Manifold
Was the turbo swapped out?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 11:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC
Could you post a boost plot of your 625whp dyno run? I am curious, as i plan to do a hta-grn vs hta red compare soon & I would like to see what boost you were getting from it on the dyno.
Unless you got another Red turbo, the one you have in your possession (mine) is an HTZ Red, which means it's a 61#/min turbo compared to the HTA Red which was a 59#/min turbo
Old Jan 19, 2017, 08:05 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Erik@MIL.SPEC
the one you have in your possession (mine) is an HTZ Red, which means it's a 61#/min turbo compared to the HTA Red which was a 59#/min turbo
Got it!

Sadly, the turbo hasnt moved an inch from when it was placed on the shelf months ago..... I keep thinking I will make time, but life keeps getting in the way & altering my plans.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Eagerly waiting on the edge of my seat to have the money to build a 2.2 for my car.
Well when you do, the re-tune will be much easier. Aaron started my tune using your 2.0 final product
Old Feb 10, 2017, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats a nice evo

always and only from realstreetperformance!
Old Feb 24, 2017, 03:08 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 355 Likes on 240 Posts
Tomei Version 2 downpipe going on in the next few weeks.

Its a 3" DP vs the 2.75" Version 1. The 02 housing is also larger. Its still pretty amazing I was able to make the power I did on a small downpipe. Combination and tuning are everything!

FWIW I measured back pressure on my stock engine/cams and it was 38psi at 30lbs of boost. You really want to avoid a 2:1 ratio as this can lead to excessive heat, knock and other undesirable things.

I don't know if it will pickup much at the top end of things since I'm near the end of the Red but we will see. I've been totally happy with Tomei products, performance and fitment. Back when my car was stock I bolted on the full system and lost 50lbs of weight, and picked up 50 whp /50 Tq on the same tune . Dynojet runs the same week.

http://www.tomeiusa.com/_2003web-cat...ponent_v2.html

Also have another change in the works.
The following users liked this post:
deylag (Feb 25, 2017)
Old Mar 1, 2017, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I think it would be even better if they separated the wastegate discharge form the turbinr discharge like the oem housing.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 09:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by wreckleford
I think it would be even better if they separated the wastegate discharge form the turbinr discharge like the oem housing.
I don't think that would matter (on the X, the AMS wide mouth and ETS divorced make very similar power). An O2 dump would help, but Tim doesn't like the noise.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 09:49 AM
EvoM Guru

I don't think that would matter (on the X, the AMS wide mouth and ETS divorced make very similar power). An O2 dump would help, but Tim doesn't like the noise.
Sean, you are 100% correct. I also don't need it since my car makes within 10whp as the highest Red car I've heard of on a Dynojet.

Its always a good idea to look at the data and setup before just throwing parts at things.

Look at the data, from all the MHI Red Evo 8/9 Dynojet Graphs I've seen my car makes great power all the way 8000. At smoothing 0 ( minimum smoothing ) The lines are smooth and clean. Backpressure and tuning are being taken into account.

Alot of the other dynojet graphs are at 5( maximum smoothing ) , but still wavy and fall over up top. I'd be interested in seeing them at smoothing 0-3. A small turbo, backpressure, ecu, tuning and fuel are all a factor.

I'm also not going full cowboy and letting it eat 35psi off the hit like I've seen others do. I'm adding the boost in and still getting a broad power curve instead of the peak and fall . This may be easier on the clutch ( 6 puck) and Tcase.

After the new DP is on I'm going to run it again as close as the last time. Then I may just run it full cowboy as well.

Last edited by Abacus; Mar 1, 2017 at 09:59 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome build man, something similar to what I wanted to do.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 04:52 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Abacus
Sean, you are 100% correct. I also don't need it since my car makes within 10whp as the highest Red car I've heard of on a Dynojet.

Its always a good idea to look at the data and setup before just throwing parts at things.

Look at the data, from all the MHI Red Evo 8/9 Dynojet Graphs I've seen my car makes great power all the way 8000. At smoothing 0 ( minimum smoothing ) The lines are smooth and clean. Backpressure and tuning are being taken into account.

Alot of the other dynojet graphs are at 5( maximum smoothing ) , but still wavy and fall over up top. I'd be interested in seeing them at smoothing 0-3. A small turbo, backpressure, ecu, tuning and fuel are all a factor.

I'm also not going full cowboy and letting it eat 35psi off the hit like I've seen others do. I'm adding the boost in and still getting a broad power curve instead of the peak and fall . This may be easier on the clutch ( 6 puck) and Tcase.

After the new DP is on I'm going to run it again as close as the last time. Then I may just run it full cowboy as well.
An O2 dump may help a little bit. Would take less WGDC to make same boost most likely, and might pick up some power. I know at the recent ER dyno here in vegas, we saw about a 10-15whp difference between recirc'ed and dumped stock turbo X's.

Por Que? My car takes 31-32lbs off the hit like a champ with proper timing. For street tune, the torque down low is what makes it fun for me. Track and autocross I calm it down quite a bit.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:00 AM
EvoM Guru

An O2 dump may help a little bit. Would take less WGDC to make same boost most likely, and might pick up some power. I know at the recent ER dyno here in vegas, we saw about a 10-15whp difference between recirc'ed and dumped stock turbo X's.

Por Que? My car takes 31-32lbs off the hit like a champ with proper timing. For street tune, the torque down low is what makes it fun for me. Track and autocross I calm it down quite a bit.
No interest in an 02 dump on my street car unless it makes over 900whp. My brother's supra makes over 1300whp with recirculated gates and a big TRD muffler. Its nice to have a semi quiet street car IMO.

You have a stock engine without mivec. Cylinder pressure/power is going to be different compared to my small stroker, compression, mivec and ported head. My car makes over 400tq easily and I can agree with you on having low end torque on a street car.

Did you have a dyno graph at 0-2 from your recent runs?
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:59 AM
EvoM Guru

I fully understand not wanting the noise. Just adding my $.02 that O2 dumps can help power, even on setups where the turbo is already at or close to max flow.

I emailed the dyno operator, awaiting response.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 03:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Time to celebrate the big 100K on a closed course. 4th gear goes the distance!
Name:  IMG_9362_zpsyvyab1si.png
Views: 0
Size:  704.0 KB

Quick Reply: Real Street Evo 9 2.2 FP RED BB 650whp MHI and SS housing results