Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

BBK Full, SD, Stock Mani, Cosworth Cams, Stock Bottom End, etc on 93

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2017, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
If you are needing to visit a shop in person, that is a good place to go. You won't be disappointed. If there are others in your area, then that is even better and quite fortunate for you! Some people drive really, really far just to find one, single shop LOL
There are shops dotted around everywhere here. York is just a 1.5 hour drive for me now so its a little bit far to go and visit. I will probably visit a couple nearby just to get the know the people in the area better but CBRD is probably going to be my go to since they are known for their evo parts and the turbo that is currently in my car is one of theirs.

Just to update. I was driving city today and I got slow SES blink i assume from knock when shifting from third to fourth. I will get tuned as soon as I get the money since the shop that i brought it had me spend a lot of money. Kinda pissed that I payed so much money for a mediocre tune. CBRD it is
Old Feb 6, 2017, 06:55 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
nevermind.. it's been a while and i can't remember LOL. I think the knock warning is your CEL, not SRS.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
nevermind.. it's been a while and i can't remember LOL. I think the knock warning is your CEL, not SRS.
SES is service engine soon. i have never gotten a CEL (knocking on wood because I guarantee now im gonna turn the car on tomorrow and there it is). The SES light has been set to blink slow for ~3-4 counts of knock whereas the fast blink is set to ~8 i believe. Either way I shouldnt be seeing flashing SES or CEL lights while driving normal on the street when the car is working just fine.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 07:41 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
Originally Posted by jheff
SES is service engine soon. i have never gotten a CEL (knocking on wood because I guarantee now im gonna turn the car on tomorrow and there it is). The SES light has been set to blink slow for ~3-4 counts of knock whereas the fast blink is set to ~8 i believe. Either way I shouldnt be seeing flashing SES or CEL lights while driving normal on the street when the car is working just fine.
LOL. Weird. I guess I read the thread too fast. I could have sworn I saw "SRS" HAHA. Normal driving, though. I see your point.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kaj
LOL. Weird. I guess I read the thread too fast. I could have sworn I saw "SRS" HAHA. Normal driving, though. I see your point.
yea, and if my setup is good for ~400 whp, im all for spending $600 bucks for better horsepower.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a Evo 8 with ix turbo and Bolt one except cams making about 355 on e85 at around 26 psi. This was self tuned.
Everyone is giving great advice here. Also the air fuel ratio can possibly not be tuned properly for the load/timing. I had knock in various places due to my ratio being off and timing curve not being smooth enough.
You got a nice mod list. Hope to get there soon haha.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NotThisFool
I had a Evo 8 with ix turbo and Bolt one except cams making about 355 on e85 at around 26 psi. This was self tuned.
Everyone is giving great advice here. Also the air fuel ratio can possibly not be tuned properly for the load/timing. I had knock in various places due to my ratio being off and timing curve not being smooth enough.
You got a nice mod list. Hope to get there soon haha.
I was very happy with the deal I got for the car but I knew that I would have to work some problems out in order to make the car worth its value. I got all the shop work done that I need but I dont want to be worked around by shops so Im gonna probably end up bringing it to a guy I know who has a high horsepower Evo that works on them all the time. I hope one day I can pay shop bills no sweat but I would rather get more bang for my buck with a tuner that specializes in Evos that will get my car to 100% so I dont waste money trying to fix the car at a shop when my friends and I can do it ourselves for cheaper.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's pretty much the same mind set in at. I couldn't afford to do my timing belt and head gasket change so did it myself lol
30k since service and still going strong lol

seeing your enthusiasm that Evo is in good hands. 👍🏼