Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

DIY: Viper 5701 Install on CT9A

Old Jan 14, 2014, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a 5204 installed in my 2008 lancer GTS manual Trans in Feb 2013 and I the starter works all day long 10 to 20 times but if it sits for more than 4 hours I get 5 flashes (active brake) I have replace the rear tail lights the brake light switch, and the battery in efforts to fix this. The installer is not returning any communications with me any more as he cant figure it out( yes he is a certified installer). He said he tried a relay and then took it out because it did not help.
Any help would be great
Old Jan 21, 2014, 11:13 AM

Nice write up I have been looking into picking up a Keyless entry/Remote Start/Alarm. I will def. look into a Viper.
Old Feb 21, 2014, 02:17 PM

So I've gotten everything installed on my 05 Evo 8, but my only question is why can't I get my front lights to flash? I've got everything hooked up.

Green/yellow strip drivers kick panel, to white alarm wire only gets my dash lights to flash and my rear brake lights. Should I be tapping to a different wire?!

Please advise...
Old Feb 21, 2014, 02:51 PM

I tapped into the white/blue striped wire and got the L side of the car to flash but now can't get the right.

With using the green/yellow wire only the rear brake lights flashed which I don't want. I even tried to tap into the hazard switch but got nothing.

Anyone know the correct wire for the R side signal lights??

EDIT:

figured this out, FINALLY. Have a buddy who installs at cartoys and he had the correct info.

i tapped into all the wires trying to get my lights to flash when i arm/disarm the alarm. All i could get was my brake lights to flash(using the green/yellow wire, drivers kick panel, bottom plug on fuse block). wasnt good enough. I just wanted my parking lights to flash.

the white/blue wire in the same location is for the L side parking lights/turn signals. on the passengers kick panel on the bottom plug on the L side there is a yellow wire with silver dots. this is the R side parking lights/turn signal wire.

so first I hooked these up to my alarm white wire not really thinking of the end, just wanted the damn things to flash, which they did! BUT, when you try and use the turn signals while driving both sides will flash lol..

thats where the 5 amp diode comes in to play. put one on each line not allowing the current to go back and viola. done deal. everything works great now.

I have no idea why this was so difficult to figure out. and why this info wasnt already in here. My Evo is an 05 which may of had different wires or whatever, but I cant be the only evo owner that struggled with this.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by lemon_head; Feb 22, 2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old May 6, 2014, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by aquaplane
Just an update. Viper 5704 brain is the problem. I borrowed a mates brain and connected that up and it worked flawlessly.. Lets hope viper is easy to deal with, in-regards to warranty.
So get the 5701?

Does anyone have pictures underneath the dash of an 05' with labels on oem wireing harnesses?

Thanks!
AJ
Old Nov 19, 2015, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Believe it or not, I'm just now about to install my 5701, got a great deal on it so couldn't pass it up

Want starter disable but not remote start, can you double check my wiring plan for me please ?

Not sure if using the Orange wire from H1 to disable the starter is the best approach or not...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
5701r3-New.pdf (1.15 MB, 0 views)
Old Nov 20, 2015, 06:02 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
you could, but if someone just unplugs the alarm its gonna defeat that. I remember one of the outputs can be programmed to send ground for a brief period after a disarm comes in. Wire this to a normally open relay on your starter circuit to achieve what you are looking for. TBH though because the car is a stick shift it can be easily push started, so the starter is kind of a weak defense. What would be better is putting a relay on the fuel pump circuit, or some other essential system that doesn't have volatile memory.

Last edited by Biggiesacks; Nov 20, 2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
you could, but if someone just unplugs the alarm its gonna defeat that. I remember one of the outputs can be programmed to send ground for a brief period after a disarm comes in. Wire this to a normally open relay on your starter circuit to achieve what you are looking for. TBH though because the car is a stick shift it can be easily push started, so the starter is kind of a weak defense. What would be better is putting a relay on the fuel pump circuit, or some other essential system that doesn't have volatile memory.
Great idea, I'll use the fp relay feed instead, that should make it a bit more difficult.

Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2016, 12:06 PM

Sub'd!!
Great write up!!! No way any1 can get confused
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:05 AM

Great write up! Have also used this guide for reference on other cars as well!
Old Oct 11, 2016, 09:47 PM

Can someone help me identify the harnesses on the picture below? For example point out which is the door lock harness, Harness #1, Harness #2 etc... as stated in the first page.

I started off with the starter kill relay wiring and had no trouble with it. I went on and try to wire up the the Lock/unlock output but doing some testing first I'm not confident if they are the correct wires. I cut the green and violet wires off of one of the harness but was able to still lock and unlock via the main control switch. I would think after cutting these two wires off you will not be able to control the unlock/lock function.

I even looked at the EVO electrical manual and the colors on my car does not match up.

Pictured below is the connectors at the door kick panel. Please if you've done this recently or know which connector is which please let me know.

Thank You

Old Feb 6, 2017, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by lemon_head
so first I hooked these up to my alarm white wire not really thinking of the end, just wanted the damn things to flash, which they did! BUT, when you try and use the turn signals while driving both sides will flash lol..

thats where the 5 amp diode comes in to play. put one on each line not allowing the current to go back and viola. done deal. everything works great now.

I have no idea why this was so difficult to figure out. and why this info wasnt already in here. My Evo is an 05 which may of had different wires or whatever, but I cant be the only evo owner that struggled with this.
I actually came here to ask this same thing. I realized this issue when installing this in my old car and I'm also wondering why this isn't covered more. The wiring guide in the first post shows only the Green/White wire for the parking lights...is there an easier way to do this that I don't realize? Or is it just so obvious that no one mentions it.
Old Aug 23, 2020, 08:45 PM

Hazard light button wire plug broke

Need help figuring out what order the wires for the hazard light button on my 08 Lancer go in I was putting in a new stereo n the plug was stuck stupid me pulled it to hard n ripped out all the wires now I got a lot of lights popping up on my gauges like slow down light service required n a few others