Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Paintless Dent Repair above windows?

Old Aug 9, 2009, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Paintless Dent Repair above windows?

One of the previous owners thought it would be a good idea and install a roof rack on the car and tighten the crap out of it. The results were 4 small dents above each window on both sides, front and back. This is the area thats in between the window and the black plastic piece that runs down roof. You can barely see one of the dents in this picture above the rear window.
http://home.comcast.net/~k5shawn/evo/rearangle2.jpg

I'm wondering if these can be fixed with PDR (Paintless Dent Repair). The headliner is in the way and I'd assume there's some structural support in the area which could pose access problems for the PDR tools. I know I need to have a place look at it but was curious if anyone here had dents fixed in that area with PDR or does PDR for a living and could tell me before driving it down somewhere.
Old Sep 2, 2009, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the area you are describing is pretty tough to get at with a metal pdr tool, the only way to get to it would be to drill a hole and snake it up through the c-pillar. a pdr tech is more likely to use the glue/suction cup method. give it a shot though, pdr techs usually under promise and over deliver, and probably will only charge around $250 for all 4. good luck
Old Sep 2, 2009, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jester81783
the area you are describing is pretty tough to get at with a metal pdr tool, the only way to get to it would be to drill a hole and snake it up through the c-pillar. a pdr tech is more likely to use the glue/suction cup method. give it a shot though, pdr techs usually under promise and over deliver, and probably will only charge around $250 for all 4. good luck
Thanks!