Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Need a solution

Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a solution

I'm tired of having to splice/tap into existing wiring for things like my gauges, ebc, and wideband. I've used ad-a-circuits, and love em for simplicity, but I'm looking for something cleaner and allows for easy expansion in case I add more electronics.

I was thinking of using a terminal block and putting it in a plastic box, drill some holes in it for running wires through, and mount it somewhere accessible. This way I could just have a post for constant power, switched power, ground, and dimming power if I so chose. Then if I want to add other things later, all I have to do is pop the top off, and add the new wires to their respective posts and call it a day. This would also simplify fuses.

Before I start custom building something, is there anything that will fit the description of what I'm planning already in production? Also, is it ok to power my distribution system from the fuse panel with add-a-circuits (using correct gauge of wire, and fuse)? Or should I pull power from somewhere else? Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

it will work off of your fuse box, for other things you might get, you can always run switches easily to?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 02:06 AM

it all depends on how may things you try to hook up at one time. the best bet is to run 10 gauge wire strait form your battery for the power to the distribution blocks. and the ones that you want to be ign a acc a relay for each one and use the wires that come off the ign harness to triger them
Old Nov 9, 2009, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WRECKLESS96
it all depends on how may things you try to hook up at one time. the best bet is to run 10 gauge wire strait form your battery for the power to the distribution blocks. and the ones that you want to be ign a acc a relay for each one and use the wires that come off the ign harness to triger them
That's a good idea, with the relays. What about something to build it in?
Old Nov 9, 2009, 07:47 PM
up

Isn't there a wire harness you can purchase for the ecu and tap into that harness? Unless by electronics you mean like stereo mods.. but for simple things like added afr gauges, etc, I would think that would be clean and sufficient.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I'm just looking for a small box that I can use to centralize all the connections for my electrical equipment. I'm a neat freak, and it bugs the **** out of me when the wiring behind my dash doesn't look nice and tidy.

And yes. I'm aware that it can't be seen, but I still know it's there.
Old Nov 14, 2009, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WRECKLESS96
I'd do what this poster recommended. Run a wire from the battery into a fused distribution block and split it off from there. I'd use some mini relays to keep things neat. Not sure about what to build to build it in though, I guess you can always make a circuit board
Old Nov 25, 2009, 01:06 AM
Evolved Member

Nah, I'm looking for a sealed box of some sort to put it in. I have the dist block already, 4 post. Im going to run:

Battery power
Switched power
Dimmer switch
Chassis ground

Im only doing dimmer because I got a 4 poster lol, and hell, why not? Ill actually run battery to the switched as well, but use a relay that Ill probably use an add-a-circuit to tap into something like the cigarette fuse to switch it.