Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Replaced alarm siren, now alarm won't shut off!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2013, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Replaced alarm siren, now alarm won't shut off!

This might be in the wrong section but I'm in need of some help with this.

Hornet 740t alarm
2005 Nissan Frontier
(514N siren)

The siren on my father's truck died so I replaced it with a directed 514N. I reconnected the negative terminal on the battery and as expected the alarm went off. I hit the unlock button on the remote in hopes to shut it off but the siren continued to go off in it's "soft" mode (not it's loudest setting). I tried the valet button with no success although with the siren still going off I was still able to start the truck. So at this point I've pulled the fuse out of the alarm for some piece and quiet!

One thing that I just noticed this morning, there's no hood pin under the hood but the hood pin wire is in the engine bay. He was in an accident in August and the body shop replaced some of the front end and disconnected the hood pin and never reinstalled it. The wire and connector are taped so it's not making contact with any bare metal. Could this be the cause? Has anyone run into this problem before? Should I cut the black wire on the siren to eliminate the "soft chirp"? Or is the siren defective?

All & any input is appreciated!

Dave
Old Oct 2, 2014, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I fixed this problem a while back and thought I'd update the post for anyone who runs into the same problem. Apparently the horn/siren switch inside the brain was stuck triggering the alarm I bypassed the alarm and triggered the siren to go off from the parking lights. I could've bought another brain and replaced the old one but that would've been too easy.

Dave