Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

SRS airbag light on

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SRS airbag light on

Hi guys! I bought this 04 evo with the SRS light on, the seller says that it was the SRS main unit so he gave me a used one and say that the SRS code was the 21...

My evo was recalled about the passenger airbag so I leave the car on the dealer, they solved the recall and told me that the technician scan the car and the scanner said that the Spring Clock was bad... and gave me the part number so I can change it myself and it is supposed to turn off the light just after the part was replaced...

The horn was working normal so I went with the srs module replacement first and the light stills on (I do unplug the negative terminal on the battery)... I bought the new clock spring and I've replaced it today, put the negative terminal back on and was pretty confident that the light had to go off...

Well, the F*$# light stills on ...

I'm going to try putting back the old main unit because the used one that the seller gave to me it could be bad...

I've do a lot of google search and search here in the forums, read a lot but I've not found answers, just another thread with someone that had a similar problem but he didn't updated how did he solved or not his problem...

Anyone can put me in the right direction, what else I have to see or test...

Thanks!
Old Jun 26, 2015, 02:03 PM

I don't know if Mitsubishi is the same but back in the day I had to have VW scan my car GTI at the dealer to shut off the light after I fixed the issue. It didn't just shut off on it's own even after disconnecting the negative terminal overnight.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 03:58 PM

At the dealership the technicians say that after the replace of the defective part the light should go off without need of any code erase...
the technician told me that I should put back the original main unit of my car and see if the light go off...

I was kind of busy the two past weeks, but I think I can put the original main unit back on the car again this sunday...

I'll post here the results...
Old Jun 29, 2015, 04:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
SRS light on the EVO will never go off on it's own. Dealer will charge ~100 to clear code.

Bodyshops with the proper computer will clear it for much less assuming the culprit has been fixed of course
Old Jun 29, 2015, 11:58 PM

I recently had an SRS light that ended up being a bad clock spring. Previous posters are correct, the light will not extinguish after the malfunction has been corrected. You need to take it somewhere and have the code cleared. If your fix was the root cause of the issue that caused the light to illuminate, it'll stay off - if not, it'll come back.