Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Requesting help from someone with a multimeter

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Requesting help from someone with a multimeter

Hey folks,

I'm starting a little project of getting the fog lights to have full manual control with the OEM switch, and noticed that the light inside the switch wasn't working anymore. When I disassembled the switch the little bits of wire attached to it were broken off from the bulb and practically soldered to the metal contacts. I checked what voltage was going through that current when the light was supposed to be on, and it came out to 12V.

Would someone with a multimeter (and a working fog light switch light!) mind taking their fog light switch apart to check the voltage going through that circuit when low beams are on? I have a feeling it's not supposed to be 12V...

Pic to help: the light bulb circuit is through pins 3 and 4 (circled in red), which are in the middle of the connector. The light bulb should be where my blue circle is.

Requesting help from someone with a multimeter-p0k5fla.jpg
Old May 28, 2016, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
If any one ends up doing this, while you're at it, could you also check the voltage on pins 1/2 when the switch and foglights are on?

For anyone hesitating about taking their switch apart, it's easy to do and to put back together, promise!