Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Trouble wiring gauges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble wiring gauges

So I'm doing a super budget build and I bought a cheap glow shift wideband gauge. It didn't come with a o2 sensor so I'm going to tap into the oem sensor but I'm not sure where it's located or the best way to do this and same with the oil pressure sensor. Any advice is greatly appritiated
Old Aug 3, 2016, 07:37 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
So our cars only come with narrow band oxygen sensors which won't work with a wideband gauge, and the stock oil pressure sensor is more of an on off then a variable resistance
Old Aug 3, 2016, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
So our cars only come with narrow band oxygen sensors which won't work with a wideband gauge, and the stock oil pressure sensor is more of an on off then a variable resistance
So I'll buy an o2 sensor for the wideband. Is there a secondary or third o2 port I can hook it up to instead of drilling and welding it in? And what would I need to put in the oil pressure gauge? I have the sensor but do I need to drill a hole in my oil pan or can I hook it up somewhere else? I'm really bad with wiring and stuff like this
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:20 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
you will have to drill and weld in an 02 bung. The front 02 is too close to the turbo and will damage a wide band and the rear 02 sensor is post cat and too far away. There is a thread in the how to section on a port you can use to install an oil pressure sensor, i believe its on the filter housing.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 06:36 PM
JKX

Does the glowshift do narrowband simulation too? I know for AEM you can put the wideband into the stock 02 location and wire to the ECU for a narrowband signal
Old Dec 23, 2016, 06:34 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Bman513
And what would I need to put in the oil pressure gauge? I have the sensor but do I need to drill a hole in my oil pan or can I hook it up somewhere else?

You do not need to drill the oil pan, here is an attachment that may help for you. While you are at it, you may even add an oil temp gauge too.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Oil-Filter-Adapter.pdf (195.7 KB, 0 views)