Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

Door Warning light

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Door Warning light

HI Guys, I'm driving 2003 JDM Evo8 RHD.
My problem is the Door warning light is not "ON" when either one of the door opened. Check the wire connector/room light/buzzer is all ok and function as original. Bulb ok, try to loop -ve wire to connector pin at meter 34 , the lights goes on...in reality that pin had no signal, pin 8 got voltage supplied.. After check all, still the light is not "ON". Have you guys have this experience ? .
Old Jan 10, 2017, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Could be a bad switch. Mine was bad when I got the car. I swapped one from the rear doors to test on the driver side (which was not working) and then it worked. Both actually worked once I did the flip flop. Also make sure there is no corrosion around the screw that hold it in.
Good Luck!
Old Jan 11, 2017, 05:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mr.k
Could be a bad switch. Mine was bad when I got the car. I swapped one from the rear doors to test on the driver side (which was not working) and then it worked. Both actually worked once I did the flip flop. Also make sure there is no corrosion around the screw that hold it in.
Good Luck!
hi, I've done swapping the switches...but still hasn't improve anything...today I also realize that the fog and head light signal at the meter is also not functioning even though I've swapped the bulbs...could there is a possibility that the ETACS problem ?
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eazlan
hi, I've done swapping the switches...but still hasn't improve anything...today I also realize that the fog and head light signal at the meter is also not functioning even though I've swapped the bulbs...could there is a possibility that the ETACS problem ?
I'd go buy a new switch to see if that would alleviate any of the problems. In terms of the fog and headlight signal, I cannot answer with confidence but it sounds like a wiring problem somewhere. Might want to check a fuse for that. I am by means no expert, but have gone through some issues myself. Hopefully something with work for you.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue but I have a feeling its part of that whole water/rust/shorting on the fusible-link by the left leg on the LHD Evo's for mine.