Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Just purchased a 05' Evo MR, seeking upgrade Advice!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2004, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just purchased a 05' Evo MR, seeking upgrade Advice!

Hello!

I just purchased a 05' mitsubishi lancer evolution MR series.

its my first AWD and im adjusting to the sheer power that comes with this car as a stock, im coming from a 99' Eclipse GS-T, which is a hotwheel to this car.

im interested in the most opinions on the tryed and proven most basic upgrades/modifications to this brilliant car without compensating its charecteristic as my 'daily driver' car.

im adjusting to the 'easy to get out of hand' power that is at my diposal so i dont want to get to far ahead, any stock car that does 0-60 in 4.6 seconds is in my opinon on the near limits of whats is feasible to use on the street.

I do not race cars.

What im mostly interested in i would say is efficiency, and improved handling. ways to enhance those assets would make the car all the better, i dont need a top end of 170 mph, as i could never use that in reality.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated your expierence is far superior to mine, im sure.

I was considering the 3' downpipe, not even sure if replacing the stock exhaust is needed. It was a front mount intercooler already, cold air intake might prove useless, so im just not sure.

Dan
Old Nov 6, 2004, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

deja vu
Old Nov 6, 2004, 05:45 PM
G20
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I have an MR too and still driving my 03 EVO. The best and first mods are turboback exhaust (downpipe, hi-flow cat, cat-back), K&N filter replacement, boost controller, some kind of engine management (S-AFCII, Xede, UTEC, or reflash).
For handling, I'll start with RRE rear sway bar (the best for the money) with a good alignment from them (or any other place that you know of).
Old Nov 6, 2004, 11:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
The best mod is a driving school...
Old Nov 6, 2004, 11:39 PM

i agree with atlvalet, i did the skip barber driving school a few years ago, best mod ever, i also put a 3 in dp and cat delete, car still sounds stock and pulls hard. if you dont have a lot of money go for the driving school first.
Old Nov 7, 2004, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

you should post one time only i found 4 posts that are the same..................