Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Kakimoto GT1.0Z Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2005, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kakimoto GT1.0Z Exhaust

Good news guys, I finally paid off my credit card! Knowing that I finally had financial freedom, I decided to do what any true American would do... max it out on car parts.

My first purchase was a GReddy Type-S BOV from RoadRaceEngineering. That was all well and good... but I needed something more... something BIG! Something LOUD! Then it came to me, I needed a new exhaust.

I searched high and low for the perfect exhaust, then one day, out of the blue, I found it: The Kakimoto GT1.0Z exhaust system. Oh god, this thing is beautiful. It has ONE bend, folks. ONE. This exhaust system turned me on more than several scantly-clad Japanese race queens ready to satisfy my every need, and trust me, that is a huge fantasy of mine, so you can imagine how much I like this exhaust.

I had heard of Kakimoto from some friends of mine in Japan. Apparently the most popular systems were Rocket Dancer, Amuse, and Kakimoto. A friend of mine sent over a picture of his EVO6 with the Kakimoto. It looked great. I also checked out the others - Amuse and Rocket Dancer exhausts are expensive as hell. I mean I had to take out a loan just to LOOK at the pictures. This is mostly because they were full titanium and weighed about .000000002 pounds. Kakimoto made a expensive, but not too outrageous SUS system. I really really wanted an Amuse Titan, but they were near 2000$ for just the catback. Ouch.

I was having trouble finding a vendor, but then I found Bulletproof Automotive. I saw they sold the Kakimoto full titanium exhaust, so I asked if they could get me the SUS version. I spoke with Tim, who was really quick and helpful to deal with. He gave me a price quote within a few hours or so of my e-mail. It turns out they could get them, so I called them up and placed the order.

Then the bad news came.

10-14 weeks to arrive! Oh god, oh why me. Why now. Why. It will be a long wait but it will be worth it. The final damages came out to 742$. I can't wait. Plus my JDM factor will raise by a billion and thats always very good because then I can impress girls!

The reason I posted this is because I am not sure if anyone is running the Kakimoto exhaust and I thought it would be good to spread the word on this system. Here are the specs and a piping diagram for those interested:

PIPING SPECS:

Pipe Diameter: 80mm
Midpipe Diameter: 90mm
Tailpipe Diameter: 130mm

When I get it I will give this thread a "bump from the dead" and show it in all its glory.

(P.S. - Some of this thread should be interpreted as "tounge in cheek")

Last edited by Tsurara; Mar 28, 2005 at 08:06 AM.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 08:11 AM
Evolving Member

Luv to see some real life pic's, especially of this installed! It sounds like a great exhaust, only one bend!

Good luck with your purchase.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

JIC only has one bend too..but I'll love to see this exhaust also.....
Old Mar 28, 2005, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

my rs-r has one bend too. let's get some sound clips of it once you get it on too. does'nt seem like too bad of a price either.
Old Mar 28, 2005, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I know there are a few other exhausts out there with one bend, but I wanted to be different

I dont know about the RS*R, but doesnt the JIC exhaust have a resonator?
Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

mine doesnt have it. its just straight...
Old Dec 17, 2005, 02:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any news yet on the kakimoto exhaust yet? I am interested in one. Pics? Performance and sound?
Old Dec 17, 2005, 03:29 AM

cant wait to see pix
Old Dec 17, 2005, 03:46 AM
Account Disabled

I have seen the Kakimoto before in the suby world and they are sweet exhaust, the one I saw though was quite possibly the loudest exhaust on a wrx that I have ever heard. Can't wait to see some pics.
Old Dec 17, 2005, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

Kakimoto's are excellent systems. If it weren't for the cost of importing, I'd be sporting one now, as I've seen and heard them in Japan.

Expect one thing for sure with this pipe, after you break it in, its gonna be wicked loud!! Every Kaki I have ever seen/heard had a great growl to it.

Congrats on the purchase, please post when you get it.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What an amazing (and underrated) piece of art! here mine:

Apexi n1 racing vs Kakimoto GT 1.0 Z, (70mm VS 80mm), (12.5Kg Vs 6.5Kg)
The following users liked this post:
antonio010 (Feb 25, 2018)