Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Fujitsubo exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2006, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fujitsubo exhaust question

I promise I searched and searched for answers, emailed a couple of vendors with no reply, and still could not come up with an answer to my questions.

I would like to intstall a TBE on my car (05 Evo 8) and am sure I want the fujitsubo RM-01A or Legalis R. I have no plans to hit insane whp numbers and am more concerned about loudness (Po-Po in Fresno can be pretty harsh) than extreme performance. I'm not sure what other exhaust components will bolt up to this system. I'm looking at the Works Exhale HFC and Megan DP, since all 3 parts say they bolt up to stock. Will these parts work (Fuji + Works + Megan), and if not does anybody have any better suggestions? Any input is appreciated, thanks.

Dominic
Old Jan 4, 2006, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Even if you are sold on the fujitsubo, you may want to try the RSR Exmag. I just installed mine and it is almost as quiet as stock, fitment is perfect, and it is black so less attention from cops. It is also cheaper the the fujitsubo!
Old Jan 4, 2006, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

man this is an evo not a honda. so go with one company for the exhaust. it does not pay to get different exhaust parts from different companys.
I know I tried it in the past and it does not work well.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 07:23 PM
Account Disabled

but the construction on the RSR is nowhere near the quality level of the Fujitsubo. Nice exhaust, but it's not even close quality wise

As for your choice, yes either of those downpipes, or downpipes from Turbo XS, DC Sports, Fujitsubo, HKS, etc etc all will work as well

We've got an MR owned by a recent employee that has the Fuji downpipe + Ultimate Racing high flow cat + the RM01A....I could easily drive the car everyday, and I am SUPER picky about volume and tone

Last edited by Z1 Performance; Jan 5, 2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

I have the RMO1A and if it'll bolt up to the stock cat, downpipe, etc....it'll work with the RMO1A. I have an Apexi GT downpipe, e-bay resonated midpipe and the RM01A. With the stock cat, there's really no difference in sound level. Slightly different sound (meaner) but no discernible difference. With a resonated midpipe, it's louder but passes the wife test I'm sure it'll be just as quiet as stock with a HFC. Like the guy from Z1, I'm also very very picky due to the professional nature of my car so it has to be quiet!
Old Jan 5, 2006, 08:05 PM
xme
Evolving Member

its true what adam and the rest has said .. i have the fujitsubo exhaust and comparing to Greddy Evo2, RSR, HKS ... this has been the quiestest of them .. i can actually listen to music at a reasonable volume without killing anyone eardrums ..

and it bolt right up to my HKS d/p and UR testpipe ... and i've actually never been pulled over for this exhaust in my town ... NYC
Old Jan 6, 2006, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by coco
Even if you are sold on the fujitsubo, you may want to try the RSR Exmag. I just installed mine and it is almost as quiet as stock, fitment is perfect, and it is black so less attention from cops. It is also cheaper the the fujitsubo!
Everybody keeps claiming that the RSR is near stock sound level. I have this exhaust, and while it's sound level is reasonable, it's NOT near stock. I'm running it with a 3" downpipe and 3" UR hi-flow cat. Fortunately, though, there is no drone while driving. I'll admit, it fits well and the black coating is nice in that it looks nearly stock. However, it is definitely not "almost as quiet as stock".

I'm very tempted to give the Fujitsubo a try.
Old Jan 6, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

I bought the Buschur TBE with Hi flow cat and Magnaflow muffler because I was wanting something that was quiet and that is exactly what I got. It is as quiet as stock, yet a deeper tone at idle, seems quieter than stock at cruising speeds (no drone), and sounds really mean at WOT. All of this for $825 shipped to your door. I could not be more pleased!!