Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO IX Dyno Thread

Old Jan 9, 2006, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has already been stated that installing a IX turbo on a VIII will result in a slower spool than the IX tubo on a IX with MIVEC. MIVEC directly affects spool up time. Many reputable tuners have stated this. Why argue with that?
Old Jan 9, 2006, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

My point exactly! thank you.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by res04
You came in to this thread guns blazing after post number 13 for some reason.

The cars WILL NOT become equal as you put it when the same larger turbos are installed on the IX and VIII. Why? MIVEC.
Hence my argument. You are stating that MIVEC is superior to *ANY* cam/cam gear combination. I just don't see it.

Regarding your question, Im not about to hypothesize anything, leave that for the tuners.
Tuners aren't engineers.

Keep praising your beloved MIVEC. I wish you well on your quest to reach your upper limit once you get an aftermarket turbo. I'll keep moving on to bigger and better gains like 2.5 stroker kits and GT35Rs..

-M
Old Jan 9, 2006, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Girlie
It has already been stated that installing a IX turbo on a VIII will result in a slower spool than the IX tubo on a IX with MIVEC. MIVEC directly affects spool up time. Many reputable tuners have stated this. Why argue with that?
Are you people listening?? That wasn't my statement. My statement was put an VIII turbo on a IX. Then ask, does it still have the same spool-up characteristics??

Sheesh...

-M
Old Jan 9, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ
Are you people listening?? That wasn't my statement. My statement was put an VIII turbo on a IX. Then ask, does it still have the same spool-up characteristics??

Sheesh...

-M
It has already been stated that installing a IX turbo on a VIII will result in a slower spool than the IX tubo on a IX with MIVEC. MIVEC directly affects spool up time.

Maybe you can READ it now???
Old Jan 9, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Girlie
It has already been stated that installing a IX turbo on a VIII will result in a slower spool than the IX tubo on a IX with MIVEC. MIVEC directly affects spool up time.

Maybe you can READ it now???

First off, why take an inferior turbo such as the VIII's (as compared to the IX) and swap them. But if you where to ask, I would think spoolup would be better than on the VIII due to MIVEC. Have you never used cam timing in regards to spoolup?
Old Jan 9, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

No one stated MIVEC is superior to any and all cam / cam gear setups. I think everyone is on the same page but you!
Old Jan 9, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

For the record I would think the VIII turbo would also spool up quicker w/ MIVEC also.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Ok. I'm done.

Learn a little more about engineering principles: mass, velocity, acceleration, etc.. and stop being a fanboy of features... to be so excited about a 30-40WHP difference across the board is clearly justifying a purchase (it's negliable power at best). I'm dying to hear what your superior advantage will be when the X and XI come out in the next 2 years..

Lastly, be careful flying around town coming up on EVO8s that you assume you can smoke because of MIVEC. Remember, it's money that dictates true power in a vehicle.

-M
Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ
Ok. I'm done.

Learn a little more about engineering principles: mass, velocity, acceleration, etc.. and stop being a fanboy of features... to be so excited about a 30-40WHP difference across the board is clearly justifying a purchase (it's negliable power at best). I'm dying to hear what your superior advantage will be when the X and XI come out in the next 2 years..

Lastly, be careful flying around town coming up on EVO8s that you assume you can smoke because of MIVEC. Remember, it's money that dictates true power in a vehicle.

-M
30-40whp is negligable at best? Puff, Puff, give....

I am sure when the X and XI come out we will all be on evoM crying about it just like you are now. Come on, we are all evo's. Why hate on another generation just because of "features"

I'm out..
Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

No ones over excited about anything, nor did anyone state that 30-40 whp justified a purchase decision. And no one is assuming that because of MIVEC we can smoke those who dont have it. We have no idea what your ranting on about for the most part.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

I want a aftermarket ecu that needs no tuning, i'm runnin a greddy FMIC, AEM Intake, Fidenza
Cam Gears, Logic Cat Back Exhaust and upgraded Spark Plugs & wires from Magnecore, I have
no kind of management, besides turbo timer, boost controller. In my country nobody knows
how to properly tune an ECU
Old Jan 9, 2006, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

So much for this thread being about showing off Evo IX dyno results
Old Jan 9, 2006, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by joshd
So much for this thread being about showing off Evo IX dyno results
This thread is getting way off topic. Before I start modding my IX I would like to see some dyno sheets from other IX's with various mods.
Old Jan 9, 2006, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah sorry about that, please check earlier for link to my dyno at Vishnu.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EVO IX Dyno Thread