Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Not your typical TT harness question

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2007, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not your typical TT harness question

Will installing the harness without a turbo timer create a complete circuit or is plugging the harness into the TT what creates the circuit. I.E. is the absence of the actual turbo timer putting a hole in the loop resulting in no flow of electricity, or is that part of the wiring harness just spliced into the rest of the harness and there is a complete circuit without the presence of the TT?

The reason I ask is I am looking for a power source for my wideband without hacking any of the factory wiring, I want everything I do to this car to be reversable. I was hoping this might be a cheap alternative to purchasing a harness for the ECU ($15 vs $150) It's been so long since I installed the TT on my DSM and it's not really accesible to me to check, after a search I couldn't come up with my answer. I've looked into the add-a-fuse but it's almost as much as the tt harness and might not be ample enough to supply the power needed for the Wideband and display as well as whatever fuse I'm originally tapping into.

TIA

P.S. I apologize if this is in the wrong section
Old May 14, 2007, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
complete circuit yes any harness allows you to tap into it parallel if you tap and serial if you disconnect and insert something inbetween (which is seldom done but is sometimes done)

if you use the tt harness i suggest DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY before you plug any gauges in or be prepared with a 40 amp bus fuse to put in under the hood (it's the big green fuse that will pop)
Old May 14, 2007, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet thanks :thumbsup