Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Aftermarket FMIC help even with alchy?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2007, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Aftermarket FMIC help even with alchy?

I have nearly all the popular bolt on mods including the 9 turbo and I have alchy.

I run my turbo at 26psi with 7*-20* of timing thru the midrange. I see no knock at all even during a 30 minute lapping sessions.

I'm looking for more power via efficiency not via boost, timing, or bigger turbo.

One of the bolt on mods that I've always wondered about was the FMIC. My only concern is whether it will do any good considering I have alchy injection. I would hate to add more weight and lag only to not see a nice return.

Ideas?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go for it. 30 mins is a killer. I'm in FL, but even in autox I noticed a difference. It doesn't feel as heat sufficated, plus there are many tests to support increase in whp, maybe not so many with alky, but I believe the info can be extrapalated to correlate
Old Jun 6, 2007, 07:49 PM
Account Disabled

with alky its not fully needed but if you get a good one its not going to hurt you either...i ran both on a stock turbo for a while...
Old Jun 17, 2007, 07:20 PM

yeah get it, if nothing its insurance