Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Weird Noise

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2007, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird Noise

i just finished installing my Invidia o2 housing, Injen 3" downpipe, Perrin high flow cat, and Greddy Ti-C catback exhaust. i started the engine with the hood still open to see if everything was working properly. then i noticed some light smoke coming from the headers and around the o2 housing. i think this might just be some of the PB Blasting burning off or something. i drove it around for a few minutes and everything was fine. then i took it around the block again and i started hearing a faint noise, kinda like metal scraping coming from under the car. nothing was being dragged, could this just be the metal expanding since this is the first time the parts have been on the car, or should i be worried that it might be something else?
Old Sep 15, 2007, 04:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you wont hear that from metal expansion,,,,, make sure youre DP is not banging against the ACD in you TC,,,,,
serch for injen DP banging against the ACD on the evo ix ,,,, in this forum they have tons of info about DP that are not working properly witht the evo ix because of the ACD

i got a megan and the fitment is perfect
Old Sep 15, 2007, 04:04 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
how bad was installng that O2,,,,,,,

oh and by the way get a tune ,,, after installing TBE and o2 you should get a tune to get real gains,,,, you lost some low end power althou you gained on top,,,, with the tune you will pick it back up
Old Sep 15, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

the o2 was horrible. i took a chunk out of the back of my hand trying to get the downpipe bolts off. i used PB Blaster on them and started pulling hard on the ratchet and it finally came loose. the back of my hand ran into a piece of sharp metal. the manifold took pretty long to take off as well. my back was hurting from leaning into the engine bay and trying to pull stuff out. fitament was perfect though. i'm planning on getting a reflash from Mellon as soon as i get my EBC and camshafts/gears. i wanna get everything tuned at once.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

you're right. the ACD is hitting the injen intake. i'm gonna have to use the stocker for now until i can sell the injen and get a new one. i'm thinking about getting the Megan since the price is pretty good and it'll work with the 05+ Evos.