Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

HKS carbon ti exhaust installation

Old Jan 27, 2005, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKS carbon ti exhaust installation

I just bought a used HKS carbon ti. Am I suppose to have brackets for the rubber hangers? Can I use the stock brackets & rubber hangers? Any tips to help making the installation easier/faster. Someone please help. Thanks.
Old Jan 27, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

And, is the installation same as HKS hipower?
Old Jan 27, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i believe you can not sure with that hks exhaust but should of came with the hangers weled on the exhaust
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats on your purchase...

The HKS Carbon TI uses the factory hangers. I assume you have the wrap-around clamp for the muffler, right?

If I remember correctly, one of the rubber hangers was omitted, and another hanger was attached from the opposite side of the factory one.

Tips to help the install....
-Lift the car properly and support with jack stands.
-Use wd-40 to loosen the stock bolts, you dont want to break them
-Install all parts loosely. It is simple to figure out what goes where once its up there.
-I used a little dishsoap to slide the metal prongs into the factory hangers.
-wipe down your exhaust BEFORE you start your car....you don't want blue handprints, do you?

Good luck and pm me if ya need more help.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya its weird you have to move some rubber mounts then bolt up the brackets.. i can walk you through install if needed just IM me or email me

basicly remove old exhaust, move rear rubber mount from muffler to right behind the rear differ, ther e will be a bracket installed there from the hks kit. Take that hanger move it to the rear wher ethe new muffler sits and there too will be a bracket instlaled from HKS, the mount near the right tire remains the same mount. Leave the clamp around the carbon Ti can loose to allow for movement untill everything is mounted then tighten.
Old Jan 29, 2005, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GreedMOTO
Congrats on your purchase...

The HKS Carbon TI uses the factory hangers. I assume you have the wrap-around clamp for the muffler, right?

Thanks, guys!!

What is the wrap-around clamp for the muffler for? That is the clamp noted as A, right? (hopefully my attached picture does show up on the post)

Also, 1QWKEVO, from I am gathering, one of the stock brackets will have to be moved for either the B or the C brackets, right? The other stock bracker can remain.

Thanks alot, guys! I always like to know what I am going to do before begin doing it. I will definitely msg you guys if i have any problems.

Last edited by dreamevo; Dec 12, 2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2005, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dreamevo
Thanks, guys!!

What is the wrap-around clamp for the muffler for? That is the clamp noted as A, right? (hopefully my attached picture does show up on the post)
Yup, thats it. Where you place that bracket in regard to the hanger determines the angle and clearence of the rear bumper.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

So, how did it go? Any pix?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

I am planning to install the carbon TI myself. I looked at a very good post on installing HKS 30th ann hipower for reference. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=41891. The pictures are showing a couple of metal brackets ( I marked them with L brackets "A" & "B" on the attached pictures). According to the post, these metal brackets come with the hks hipower. They are required to hang the rubber bushings and in order to install the HKS hipower.

Do we need these brackets for installing HKS carbon TI? I bought my carbon TI used. I do not have any metal brackets. Am I screwed?????

For those who have installed the hks carbon TI, please help!!

If some body has a good photo shots of the installed HKS TI, please post them. Thanks!!!

I also attached a couple of pictures of stock exhaust for reference.

Last edited by dreamevo; Dec 12, 2006 at 08:24 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 10:20 AM
Evolving Member

Guys??? I am hoping to be able to install it this weekend.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

The a bracket if i remember did come with some sort of bracket. I remember i had to remove it. The second pic resembles where that plate is mounted aswell. So that second picture plate is included with some bolts for sure. The 3rd picture mount is definately used for the hks exhaust. The 4th picture i'm pretty sure isn't used but i'll have to check it. I had ZERO instructions on the downpipe and exhaust i don't know how i got it on but i did.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't have any of the L Brackets that are in your pix and my exhaust came out perfect! I got the RnR 3" TBE with HKS Carbon/Ti Muffler. On my car we just use the stock rubber mounts and everything fits good.
Old Feb 20, 2005, 01:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ev0 1
I didn't have any of the L Brackets that are in your pix and my exhaust came out perfect! I got the RnR 3" TBE with HKS Carbon/Ti Muffler. On my car we just use the stock rubber mounts and everything fits good.
Thanks... That makes me feel much better...
Old Feb 20, 2005, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey guys yes all the brackety shown there are needed... they are what kick the exhaust out at an angle... if your exhaust exits straight then you will not use these items, or in fact might have different ones. Can anyone tell me if the carbon ti has hks badging...? i don't think mine had any badging but I bought it from a well known shop so I know i didn't get ripped...
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks guy.... where can I can these metal brackets? The guy sold me the exhaust is nowhere to be found now.

Mine do not have any HKS badging either.... but the hks dp does have a badge. weird...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HKS carbon ti exhaust installation