Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any ideas????

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2009, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any ideas????

So we went on the dyno recently after having kelford 272s installed O2 housing and changed the spark plugs. While I was waiting i decided to install a forge wastegate before going on the dyno. We put the car on the dyno and it baselined at 408 whp. Not hesitating we continued to tune and getting small gains. I turned up the boost and then realized that it only took three clicks to max out the boost controller. Then I also put all the preload on the wastegate and the highest boost I got was 31 psi. I did do a boost leak test real quick but didnt test it past 14psi. Pretty confused because a car before me had a forge wastegate with the same amount a preload and same boost controller(turned all the way down) as me and the lowest boost he could achieve was 33psi.

Any ideas what it could be? I am installing a Tial bov next week, because i still have the stock one which could be part of the problem.

The final number we ended up with at the end was 425 whp/410 tq
Old Feb 23, 2009, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump... anyone?