Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Does anyone here regret getting a lightweight flywheel for their EVO 8-9?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2009, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thanks to all who responded. You have answered all my questions and addressed my concerns.

Now I gotta come up with the $$ and a darn good reason to take the tranny down again... it is a big job afterall... I'm not going to pay $500 labor for just the flywheel to be put in... maybe at the same time the flywheel is getting put in, I can have the shop slap in the 3-speed scatter shield, and maybe put in a Shep/Bushwacker Tranny...
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it extremely annoying when the AC is on, but like others have said, you get used to it. If you drive in traffic or in an area with a large amount of hills it can be a pain. When it's clutch time again I will be going back to the stock flywheel.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LpBevoEvo
I find it extremely annoying when the AC is on, but like others have said, you get used to it. If you drive in traffic or in an area with a large amount of hills it can be a pain. When it's clutch time again I will be going back to the stock flywheel.
what happens to your car when the A/C is on? do you hear more unbearable noise?

As far as the other things I'm sure I can and will get over it. I've always been a hard core guy anyway when it comes to modding my cars...
Old Mar 22, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chabada15
yea i got the ACT 10lb and im happy with it, yes it requires more clutch work, i daily my car and i deal with it, personally more then worth it...my first impression was that the whole car feels lighter...like...when you go to let the clutch out the car starts moving faster, it definately revs up faster and it is sick for heel-toe downshifts

Can I check out your car at the next meet? I wanna see for myself how the car sounds with the lighter flywheel, and see how much quicker it revs....

maybe even a short test drive around the parking lot with be nice if you dont mind
Old Mar 27, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
what happens to your car when the A/C is on? do you hear more unbearable noise?

As far as the other things I'm sure I can and will get over it. I've always been a hard core guy anyway when it comes to modding my cars...
With the A/C on you have to slip it more for smooth starts, and the rpms drop much faster between shifts (not really bothersome). I just get tired of having to rev it up leaving from stops repeatedly in traffic or on hills, but it might just be my distaste for noise since my car is so loud.