Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Can't boost past 10psi...wastegate and vacuum lines ok!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP did you find a solution to this problem. I have similar symptoms, I can't get past 15psi..
Old Mar 29, 2010, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have boost drop , it goes to 0.9 bar and goes down at high rpm past 5k, any help ?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:15 PM

are you using stock boost lines with the pills inside?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

had this problem, and it was the wastegate stuck
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:38 AM

stock boost lines with pills?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 12:14 PM

I had just had this same issue happen for the THIRD time ... first was a loose coupling @ the IC, second was a bad wastegate... just started again last night but I havent checked it out yet... I just replaced the wastegate 2 months ago... im not happy. Im betting its the wastegate again...Why would it go bad so fast ? Frustrating the hell outta me
Old Apr 19, 2010, 01:40 PM

I was a victim of this problem. I have a GReddy profec b-spec II EBC. No matter how I tuned it, it would not boost past 15psi. After checking out the GReddy install diagram, turns out I had the two vacuum lines off of the valve hooked up opposite. I dont work on my car enough, so I guess I gotta create my own problems. Its all better now though.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 02:56 PM

Bump.. Need 50 posts.. lame.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 12:26 PM

how much boost are you guys running?
Old May 8, 2010, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Guys, I have a similar problem, wont make more then 20psi doesn't hit that until 5100rpm and then falls off quickly. Apexi turbo kit. Is it the wastegate? I want to make sure before I start ripping it apart, it is a PITA on my setup.
Old May 8, 2010, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jhutterer
Bump.. Need 50 posts.. lame.
If you want to be part of the community 50 posts is easy to hit...one more cry baby that just wants to sell stuff on our forum.
Old May 9, 2010, 08:17 AM

Easy Casper.. I have been reading this forum for close to a year trying to learn.. I have had no reason to post because well I know how to use the search button. But now that I am trying to buy parts I would like to post general questions, that others may have to the sellers. I appreciate the flame, gives me another reason to post!
Old May 9, 2010, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

to you guys who lost alot of boost pressure and cant boost like you used to, let me ask you one question...

do you have a catalytic converter ? on 25psi with intake, mbc, tune, stock exhaust, stock cat, i had the same issue... i dd a quick 4th gear pull in the car and heard a pop, i thought it was my IC pipe cuz i couldnt make past 7 psi immediately after, i brought it to the shop a few nights in a row trying to find the issue... we boost leak tested, held 20+ with ease, filled right up, so than we checked my TB seals and the were leaking, so i rebuilt it, no change... than my car started sounding like a subaru and ricky at top level felt the air coming outta my exhaust while i reved it and it was nooo good, told me i had a big clog... so within 2 days i bought myself a GReddy Ti-C Competition 80mm catless turbo back exhaust... when i took off the cat this is what i found

Name:  gred4.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  18.2 KB

this was the thread i made

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...past-7psi.html

the signs i didnt notice before it went

- multiple cat efficiency code
- rattle in exhaust
- different exhaust note (like a subaru)
- car started getting more sluggish and spooling slower
- pop in the exhaust at WOT
- burning smell

hope this helps you guys !
Old May 17, 2010, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jhutterer
Easy Casper.. I have been reading this forum for close to a year trying to learn.. I have had no reason to post because well I know how to use the search button. But now that I am trying to buy parts I would like to post general questions, that others may have to the sellers. I appreciate the flame, gives me another reason to post!
my bad, just seen so many similar complaints lately, its getting annoying.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scarface2jz
to you guys who lost alot of boost pressure and cant boost like you used to, let me ask you one question...

do you have a catalytic converter ? on 25psi with intake, mbc, tune, stock exhaust, stock cat, i had the same issue... i dd a quick 4th gear pull in the car and heard a pop, i thought it was my IC pipe cuz i couldnt make past 7 psi immediately after, i brought it to the shop a few nights in a row trying to find the issue... we boost leak tested, held 20+ with ease, filled right up, so than we checked my TB seals and the were leaking, so i rebuilt it, no change... than my car started sounding like a subaru and ricky at top level felt the air coming outta my exhaust while i reved it and it was nooo good, told me i had a big clog... so within 2 days i bought myself a GReddy Ti-C Competition 80mm catless turbo back exhaust... when i took off the cat this is what i found

this was the thread i made

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...past-7psi.html

the signs i didnt notice before it went

- multiple cat efficiency code
- rattle in exhaust
- different exhaust note (like a subaru)
- car started getting more sluggish and spooling slower
- pop in the exhaust at WOT
- burning smell

hope this helps you guys !
No cat to get clogged...looking at taking apart the wastegate, hopefully next week, I will update.

Quick Reply: Can't boost past 10psi...wastegate and vacuum lines ok!!