Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

went through a puddle..now im smokin!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2009, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
went through a puddle..now im smokin!

so today in this garbage state of illinois i went through a street that was partially flooded.. went through it slowly about 10 mph..well guess the water was deeperon my side of the street(2way street) than i thought and i knew it got up close to the engine cause i seen steam/smoke comin from the sides.. well i kept goin cause i didnt wanna stop in water that who knew how deep it was after it would settle from me driving through it. anyways after driving couple minutes i started to smell something funky it seemed kinda liek coolant but then mayeb something electrical.. came home and let the car run with the hood up for few minutes and noticed smoke comin from the back of motor , right by the alternator area. could i have gotten water in there and could water have messed up the alternator? im assuming that smoke and smell is from the alternator cause i dont see anything else around there that can be wrong.. im affraid to drive it cause idk wtf can happen if anything.. i might just bring it to apm in elmhurst since i need a new timing belt service since i already have 85k on it and hasnt been changed( I KNOW I KNOW im slacking on it)

anyways i was wondering whatcha guys think and gimmie some input on what could this smoke and burning smell be... if its not the alternator.. it kinda smells like coolant but with extra spice lol.. kind a sweet smell.. i smell it in the damn air vnts too