Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

TILTON Twin Cerametallic / Organic REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2009, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cerametallic

Originally Posted by Nomad4g63
damnit how long has the Cerametallic / Organic been out? Im sure there have to be more owners on here that can give reviews.
I have a twin cerametallic for like 3k miles and no problems. The clutch needs heat to have better handling. During moornings, the clutch needs more gas to get your car running but later it will behave like any othe twin. The hybrid will not last as long since the slippery clutch will be the organic and organics can brake easily at the track as you have seen in all exedy oem like cluches. I have a cousing selling a twin cerrametallic clutch with less thatn 300 mles. He is selling his car locally and the clutch is on ebay, I think. You can email me at ortizevo@aol.com fo further info. If you are planing going for the green, red or black turbo, tilton is what you need since this turbos spool to soon and the weight if the car is being pulled at low RPMs making the torque to high as such low rpm.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 04:13 PM

Tilton clutch

Originally Posted by ortizevo
I have a twin cerametallic for like 3k miles and no problems. The clutch needs heat to have better handling. During moornings, the clutch needs more gas to get your car running but later it will behave like any othe twin. The hybrid will not last as long since the slippery clutch will be the organic and organics can brake easily at the track as you have seen in all exedy oem like cluches. I have a cousing selling a twin cerrametallic clutch with less thatn 300 mles. He is selling his car locally and the clutch is on ebay, I think. You can email me at ortizevo@aol.com fo further info. If you are planing going for the green, red or black turbo, tilton is what you need since this turbos spool to soon and the weight if the car is being pulled at low RPMs making the torque to high as such low rpm.
The exedy twin disk HD will not be helpfull for any stock appearance turbo. For larger turbos like 35r, 6262 and even 35xHTA it will work fine since the car is already moving at high rpm where this turbos start pulling strong. Smaller turbos are pulling strong and pulling the weight of the car as well. Dyno graph have shown this with similar setups with unequal turbos.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so how much lb-ft can the tilton ceramic/organic twin handle i read on some sites say 620lb-ft and other 500lb-ft
Old Apr 20, 2010, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nomad4g63
not necessarily ive heard from 1 shop down here that the pressure plate feels like stock and it drives alot better than the Exedy Twin
I'm going to assume this shop is ready an willing to sell you a Tilton?

Scorke
Old Jul 29, 2010, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

SO we don't have review for the hybrid TILTON?