Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Whining and clunking noise when turning left...Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whining and clunking noise when turning left...Help!!!

When I am turning left there is a whining noise along with a clunking noise. The whining only used to take place when I was driving my car hard around left hand turns, but now I can barely take a turn at 30 with out it whining up a storm. The whining noise only happens when I am turning left and just recently I noticed when it has sat overnight in under 20 degree weather it will make the same noise at idle but once it warms up it will stop.
At this point I can also get the whine to continue with the rpms after taking a hard left turn then coming out of the turn and driving straight pushing in the clutch and reving the engine, then when I drop the rpms back to idle and put it back in gear the noise will go away. I brought it into a shop to have it looked at and they couldn't find anything wrong with the wheel bearing or the TC. All fluids are good along with no metal filings. The shop seems to think that it is something inside the transmission. I am throughly confused and don't want them to rip apart my tranny if they don't need to. Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated!!!