Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Apexi N1 Exhaust - How loud is it??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apexi N1 Exhaust - How loud is it??

Hi People,

Im living in UAE and Cops here are worse than swine flu to live with!!

I was going to buy the "Silent" version of the HKS Hi Power exhaust series, but the sound is soooo dead that I dont feel the exhaust apgrade!!

I saw 2 videos on youtube for this exhaust, and I thought they were really AMAZING!!! Neither loud not dead-silent!!..

I will be attaching it to a MAP O2 eliminator, and probably stock Exhaust manifold!!

The problem is that I dont want to buy the exhaust and find another sound coming out!! As I mentioned, I only heard 2 clips and I did not hear one in person!

I will be ordering it from here, the states.. and I want to have a smart buy!!

Please let me know your impressions about this exhaust!!

I hope that moderators dont close this thread coz I have literally SEARCHED and didnt find what Im looking for!

WHICH EXHAUST IS LOUDER, THE APEXI N1 OR THE BLITZ NUR-SPEC R???

Thank for your help

Last edited by NitrousOxide; Nov 5, 2009 at 10:06 AM. Reason: adding info
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NitrousOxide
Hi People,

I was going to buy the "Silent" version of the HKS Hi Power exhaust series, but the sound is soooo dead that I dont feel the exhaust apgrade!!

I saw 2 videos on youtube for this exhaust, and I thought they were really AMAZING!!! Neither loud not dead-silent!!..

I will be attaching it to a MAP O2 eliminator, and probably stock Exhaust manifold!!

The problem is that I dont want to buy the exhaust and find another sound coming out!! As I mentioned, I only heard 2 clips and I did not hear one in person!

I hope that moderators dont close this thread coz I have literally SEARCHED and didnt find what Im looking for!

Thank for your help
sorry to be off topic...but i have the fp clear...its not as fast as u say, but pretty close
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:16 PM
Evolving Member

lol, thanX for the pass
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Hi People,

Thank for your help
When you say MAP O2 eliminator, do you mean the MAP O2 dump, or a CEL eliminator for a O2 sensor?

If you talking about the MAP O2 dump ( the downpipe with the O2 dump built in) you better re-think that.

An O2 that dumps can be very very loud, sometime louder then exhaust systems.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:41 PM

Here's my **** sounding Honda exhaust.

Turbotrix t3 equal length manifold
Helix 3" dp
Magnaflow 4"x20" resonator instead of cat
Apexi N1 at rear

I can't stand it. Basically, 2 resonators = not-so-great sound. 4.5" outlet = a$$ sound. An outlet diameter on a muffler that's 1.5" larger than the inlet will produce a ***** sound (in my book). I ordered a silencer for quick fix, but will be doing a baffled muffler when I get time.

On a N/A car the exhaust gases pulsate through the exhaust system. On a turbocharged car, the turbo changes the pulse to a steady "flow." Resonators/glass-packs do very little to deaden sound. Their main job is to take the rasp out of the exhaust note. You need a baffled muffler to significantly cut noise and other frequencies. A center/off-set muffler will deaden sound more than a center/center inlet/outlet. Some baffled mufflers also have packing material to further deaden sound. Some even choke down 1/2" or so inside to deaden sound.

Oh, and you will get that highway drone with larger framed single scroll turbos, unless you go with a baffled muffler.

Last edited by MR Turco; Nov 4, 2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
When you say MAP O2 eliminator, do you mean the MAP O2 dump, or a CEL eliminator for a O2 sensor?

If you talking about the MAP O2 dump ( the downpipe with the O2 dump built in) you better re-think that.

An O2 that dumps can be very very loud, sometime louder then exhaust systems.
Even at idle/low RPMS, or just when screaming??
Old Nov 4, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when i visited dubai when i was in the marines i saw and lots of cars louder then an evo with a n1 exhsust
Old Nov 4, 2009, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Even at idle/low RPMS, or just when screaming??
Yes. I remember someone drove an SRT4 for a little group get-together amongst friends and he had an O2 dump. Although I liked the sound of that spooling turbo, it was loud constantly. He parked far away in the parking lot about 20 cars away from us and I could still hear how loud it was.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

yea but if they get cought they get screwed :S
Old Nov 4, 2009, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Piro Fyre
Yes. I remember someone drove an SRT4 for a little group get-together amongst friends and he had an O2 dump. Although I liked the sound of that spooling turbo, it was loud constantly. He parked far away in the parking lot about 20 cars away from us and I could still hear how loud it was.
What he said, most O2 dump are very loud.

Also its not even necessary.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

What if I dont go with the external dump? Recirculated?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

What if I dont go with the external dump? Recirculated?
Well, it'll sound more quiet then an O2 dump but personally, to me, it's still loud. I have a Megan CBE with a resonator and I wake the neighbor's up every time I go to work... I work at 2am too. Best thing to do is to put a silencer on. Might look like crap but at least it won't be too loud.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Well, it'll sound more quiet then an O2 dump but personally, to me, it's still loud. I have a Megan CBE with a resonator and I wake the neighbor's up every time I go to work... I work at 2am too. Best thing to do is to put a silencer on. Might look like crap but at least it won't be too loud.
You mean the silencer I can attach/detach with a small screw??

If so, will I be able to go hard on the car once its installed?? A friend of mine told me that I cant open the throttle wide because there will be power restrictions!!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

More Related info plz!!
Old Nov 4, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

You mean the silencer I can attach/detach with a small screw??

If so, will I be able to go hard on the car once its installed?? A friend of mine told me that I cant open the throttle wide because there will be power restrictions!!
There IS power restrictions because of air flow. A silencer restricts air flow to have it quiet down but at the same time, you lose performance. You'll still be able to get on it but it won't be the same as without one installed.

If you're worried about sound too much, you can try getting a cat to see if it'll be more quiet. Even with a cat, you still get air flow restriction. Or you can do what one of the guys around here did. He installed 2 Magnaflows on his exhaust. Otherwise, a resonator would be your best bet if you still want the performance to stay somewhat the same with idle sound to be more quiet then a catless.

Last edited by Piro Fyre; Nov 4, 2009 at 06:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Apexi N1 Exhaust - How loud is it??