Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Repeatability of the Dyno Flash - long term study data and dyno sheet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2003, 05:50 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Repeatability of the Dyno Flash - long term study data and dyno sheet

We just got one of our long term beta tester guys back in today for follow up testing

This guy's stock evo made ONLY 211 whp on 93 octane - we wondered at the time if he had a bad load of gas - anyway - on the same tank we made him 251 whp same day - all stock

We wanted to send him out for two weeks of hard driving, and get a few hundred miles under his belt to VERIFY our theory that the ecu in the Evo 8 does NOT change or alter our reflash settings and that these incredable gains we are seeing on our awd dyno jet dyno are permanent improvements

His car was one of the weakest Evos we ever tuned stock so we wanted to really see what would happen with his ecu over time to see if that weakness would come back and also to see if we could shed some more light on the car to car variance we are seeing and what the possible cause may be (no light shed - other than to apparently verify that the Dyno Flash process apparently levels the car to car playing field 100% and the fix is a permanenet one)

After seeing a lot of troubles with piggy back tuning devices on WRX's where the original tune would work for a few hours of driving and then revert back to stock as the ecu relearned - we wanted to just be totally positive that our reflash product was a permanent upgrade on the Evos

needless to say we were totaly pleased when we saw our client come in with a run virtually IDENTICAL to the previous run two weeks ago - in fact he made one whp more !

The run was even cleaner than the last one as apparently he got decent fuel this time and some very slight transient detonation he was having the last time which triggred minor knock retard was gone.

Its very nice to see repeatability with our Dno Flash over such a long period of time. Also its very good to see our dyno is so accurate.

The gains we are seeing on a car like this are nothing short of totally transforming - we are talking about over 50 whp at 7,000 rpms and 40 whp peak power with JUST a flash AND we are running rich at 11.0 /1 a/f's or richer throught the meat of the power band. It really wakes up the power band - especially on top. No longer does the power fall down, now it picks up with more and more power.
Attached Thumbnails Repeatability of the Dyno Flash - long term study data and dyno sheet-repeatability.jpg  

Last edited by DynoFlash; Oct 22, 2003 at 09:19 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 05:58 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Re: Repeatability of the Dyno Flash - long term study data and dyno sheet

Originally posted by DynoFlash

After seeing a lot of troubles with unichips and exeds on WRX's where the original tune would work for a few hours of driving and then revert back to stock as the ecu relearned -

Very nice AL- but your really dont think that the EVO ECM is like the subie do you?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good news

Stg Rev, alone, was good enough to keep up with a Nissan 240sx with aftermarket turbo making over 320hp at the rear wheels... on my friends car.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Repeatability of the Dyno Flash - long term study data and dyno sheet

After seeing a lot of troubles with unichips and exeds on WRX's where the original tune would work for a few hours of driving and then revert back to stock as the ecu relearned
Instead of flat-out lying about products you have no experience with (our XEDE, for instance), pls try to sell your product on its own merits.

Regards,
Shiv

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=2
Old Oct 22, 2003, 06:15 PM
Account Disabled

Re: Re: Repeatability of the Dyno Flash - long term study data and dyno sheet

Originally posted by MP5

Very nice AL- but your really dont think that the EVO ECM is like the subie do you?
Seems that the Shiv contingent is going to be a constant shadow spouting negativity and rude remarks at every opportunity they can find.

MP5 - It was SHIV who made the post a couple of days ago about the Evo ECU changing like a WRX ecu. We are merely posting this information to keep our customers informed about the efforts we are making to assure a high quality product and the testing we go through to verify our theories.

We have been doing "beta testing" prices on over 100 evos now to rule out any possibility of error or problem with the Dyno Flash.

We continue to test and re-test and we bend over backwards to make sure that every car is as close to perfect as we possibly can.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 06:21 PM
Account Disabled

Re: Re: Repeatability of the Dyno Flash - long term study data and dyno sheet

Originally posted by shiv@vishnu

Instead of flat-out lying about products you have no experience with (our XEDE, for instance), pls try to sell your product on its own merits.

Regards,
Shiv

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=2
maybe then you can explain what you meant by this comment you addressed about my reflash in this very forum -

"Wouldn't it be equally "foolish and risky" to tune cars with a reflashing system that only grants you access to less than half of the vital performance perameters? Think WRX ECU and you'll get an idea to what I'm talking about

Cheers,
shiv "

What did you mean by "think WRX ECU?" Are you denying that the WRX self learns and that piggy back settings loose effect over time ?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:00 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Re: Re: Re: Repeatability of the Dyno Flash - long term study data and dyno sheet

maybe then you can explain what you meant by this comment you addressed about my reflash in this very forum -

"Wouldn't it be equally "foolish and risky" to tune cars with a reflashing system that only grants you access to less than half of the vital performance perameters? Think WRX ECU and you'll get an idea to what I'm talking about

Cheers,
shiv "

What did you mean by "think WRX ECU?" Are you denying that the WRX self learns and that piggy back settings loose effect over time ?
Perhaps he ment the dual timing and fuel maps that he told you were there - I will respect your efforts to offer a well priced ECU flash for the community and not trash your thread bro but cheap shots are just that- Cheap

Last edited by MP5; Oct 22, 2003 at 07:17 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

can't we just get all along?
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:06 PM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by yycools
can't we just get all along?
YES!! I hope that my posts in this thread have been respectful- I ment now ill will with them
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great - so lets all just chill and get along! we all like evos so lets just enjoy going faster than the poor subaru guys who didnt get the point yet !
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:19 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by 4-BNGR
Good news

Stg Rev, alone, was good enough to keep up with a Nissan 240sx with aftermarket turbo making over 320hp at the rear wheels... on my friends car.
Glad you like our $225 through the mail option. NO its not as much power as the custom dyno flash t the top of this post - but for the $ its a very nice improvement, and more importantly - its the MOST HP upgrade we feel we can do in a safe manner through the mail which will work with a nice margin of safety on any evo

We have such a low price becuase we feel its fair considering we are de-tuning this one down from the custom tunes

As far as I know there is no other reflash for Evos for even twice the price which has the boost control and rev limit change included so we think its a great deal

The gains - esoecialy at 7,000 rpms are very noticeable and you actually pick up some mpg also

You will notice that the fuel curve is just a bit richer than the above curve and more of a straight line - less tailored to the individual car

Also the ign timing is about 1.5 degrees less advanced to allow for variations in fuel

BTW this is the 93 octane map
Attached Thumbnails Repeatability of the Dyno Flash - long term study data and dyno sheet-mailflash.jpg  

Last edited by DynoFlash; Oct 22, 2003 at 07:24 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Man I for one was looking forward to reading this post and everytime it seems to be a squabble. Lets stick to the topic please
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Al was this Dyno run on a stock Evo if so your Rev Re-flash really puts some numbers down all the stock Evo's I have seen around here have put around 222 at the wheels and youv added about 26hp from my figures an all of this froma mild re-flash. Great work!
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

no offense or anything but if this post is off topic .. sorry.....

But if the guy from vishnu has a problem with the post then why doesnt he just PM Al. I dont understand what the problem is. If the fact remains that the Post was originally made BY AL TO INFORM HIS CUSTOMERS ABOUT THE PRODUCT HE OFFERS THEN IT SHOULD BE ONLY THAT. NOT SOMEONE COMING HERE TO START A PISSING MATCH.
Sorry but thats my 2 cents.
Al good work and keep the info coming.
I will see you soon.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

From what I've seen on these boards, this pissing match has been going on for months.

One guy slashes piggybacks, the other guy defends his product and politely points out that the other guy didn't always run his own product in his own car.

Honestly, I think both guys have decent products. If they would both stick to promoting their individual products and quit taking stabs (and yes, this thread started with a stab) at each other, these boards would be a helluva lot more fun to read.

Quick Reply: Repeatability of the Dyno Flash - long term study data and dyno sheet