Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Tuning Options - USDM CT9As, Read!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MoTeC unit can be found for $1300 if you look hard enough. (hint...not in the US)

I've made a ton of comments in the other threads you linked in so I won't repeat them here.

I'm very interested in finding how the OEM maps compare to the pre-loaded MoTeC maps though!

Dave
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by kanyonkid
i am doing the gruppe-s flash, people have already said there knocking 2-3 seconds off their lap time... and for 300 bux, theres no better mod.. that new thread about changing the settings thru ECUflash will be quite a remarkable feat, im very interested to see how that turns out
My only concern about the Gruppe-S flash is that there have been some people who've noted it's not as good for auto-x. Not a problem if you're a track guy, but I guess the binding of the wheels makes turn in more difficult for sharper turns. I'm under the impression the ralliart ACD will be more universal, lock up based on throttle.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaveK
MoTeC unit can be found for $1300 if you look hard enough. (hint...not in the US)

I've made a ton of comments in the other threads you linked in so I won't repeat them here.

I'm very interested in finding how the OEM maps compare to the pre-loaded MoTeC maps though!

Dave
I tried to provide a couple links in the first thread but there has been a LOT of talk about this stuff. Hopefully this will be a good compilation thread!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kyooch
My only concern about the Gruppe-S flash is that there have been some people who've noted it's not as good for auto-x. Not a problem if you're a track guy, but I guess the binding of the wheels makes turn in more difficult for sharper turns. I'm under the impression the ralliart ACD will be more universal, lock up based on throttle.
I haven't used the ralliart units, but if you're thinking they're going to have less lockup under decel than stock, I think you'll be dissappointed.

Dave
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, however, u can do watever settings u want.. i would keep the stock "tarmac" setting under the "snow" setting, and have the race mode for tarmac, and mild for gravel
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DaveK
I haven't used the ralliart units, but if you're thinking they're going to have less lockup under decel than stock, I think you'll be dissappointed.

Dave
Thanks - I'm fine with the decel lock up of the stock unit - It's the Gruppe-S flash decel lockup I find a bit aggressive, at least for auto-x anyway.

I will welcome anything more aggressive but semi-close to stock, I really love how my car turned in with the stock ACD tune
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, however, u can do watever settings u want.. i would keep the stock "tarmac" setting under the "snow" setting, and have the race mode for tarmac, and mild for gravel
Is that right? When I purchased my Gruppe-S race flash, each setting was already determined - i.e., they didn't let me choose my own configuration. It was "race" flash, with circuit, sport and wet circuit settings, and that was that. Granted that was a few months ago but I wasn't aware they changed policies on this. Maybe if you're a local? Though I have heard the wet circuit mode on the race flash is similar to the Tarmac mode of stock.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Is that right? When I purchased my Gruppe-S race flash, each setting was already determined - i.e., they didn't let me choose my own configuration. It was "race" flash, with circuit, sport and wet circuit settings, and that was that. Granted that was a few months ago but I wasn't aware they changed policies on this. Maybe if you're a local? Though I have heard the wet circuit mode on the race flash is similar to the Tarmac mode of stock.
when i sent them a PM about it, they said i can choose the settings... That was a few months ago also
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

when i sent them a PM about it, they said i can choose the settings... That was a few months ago also
Perhaps they meant you can choose between Race flash, Street flash and Rally flash - not meaning to doubt you but they were pretty adamant before that the flashes offered were the flashes offered.
Old Feb 18, 2010, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

bump...
Old Feb 18, 2010, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

bump
Old Feb 18, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

ttt, another option found
Old Feb 18, 2010, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

subscribed
Old Feb 18, 2010, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
subscribed
Old Feb 19, 2010, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

bump for reviews of anyone with any of these!

Quick Reply: ACD Tuning Options - USDM CT9As, Read!