Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Tuning Options - USDM CT9As, Read!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
ttt..
Old Feb 23, 2010, 03:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
intresting stuff.
i watched a japanese evo video on track and the driver was switching between tarmac for some corners and gravel for others saying he had better grip in different modes so depending on the corner selecting a different acd option would help so you definately are on to something
Old Feb 24, 2010, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Some more options from the rally world:

GEMS ACD ECU: http://www.gems.co.uk/?content=pages&id=evo-acd
Pectel ACD ECU: www.cosworth.com/f.ashx?id=63963

I don't know for sure, but I think the GEMS & Pectel ACD ECUs are the same or very similar e.g. one is a variant of the other. As a point of interest, the Sierra Sierra Enterprises Time Attack Evo uses a Pectel ACD ECU, along with a Pectel SQ6 ECU for the engine.

Also, Do-Luck makes an ACD ECU, available through Sumo Power in the U.K.:
http://217.67.240.11/sumopictures.su...controller.pdf

The most interesting thing about the Do-Luck ACD ECU is that it has 3 separate manual controls, which means you can vary the ACD behavior in real-time. Also of interest, near the bottom of the product brief it states "To minimise any unneccessary wear on the centre differential and transfer (case), the Do-Luck Torque Manager unit automatically reverts to the manufacturers factory settings at any speed between 38mph & 110MPH (60 - 180KMH)"
Old Feb 24, 2010, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoCal Rally
Some more options from the rally world:

GEMS ACD ECU: http://www.gems.co.uk/?content=pages&id=evo-acd
Pectel ACD ECU: www.cosworth.com/f.ashx?id=63963

I don't know for sure, but I think the GEMS & Pectel ACD ECUs are the same or very similar e.g. one is a variant of the other. As a point of interest, the Sierra Sierra Enterprises Time Attack Evo uses a Pectel ACD ECU, along with a Pectel SQ6 ECU for the engine.

Also, Do-Luck makes an ACD ECU, available through Sumo Power in the U.K.:
http://217.67.240.11/sumopictures.su...controller.pdf

The most interesting thing about the Do-Luck ACD ECU is that it has 3 separate manual controls, which means you can vary the ACD behavior in real-time. Also of interest, near the bottom of the product brief it states "To minimise any unneccessary wear on the centre differential and transfer (case), the Do-Luck Torque Manager unit automatically reverts to the manufacturers factory settings at any speed between 38mph & 110MPH (60 - 180KMH)"
awesome - are these systems verified to work with the USDM cars?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kyooch
awesome - are these systems verified to work with the USDM cars?
I don't know the answer to that question, but if the pinout (i.e. number of pins, same pin assignment for the different signals etc.) for the ACD ECU is the same in the U.S. as everywhere else, then the standalone ACD ECUs i.e. the GEMS and the Pectel should work fine.

USDM compatibility is maybe a little less certain regarding the Do-Luck ACD ECU, since I believe the Do-Luck ACD ECU is a piggyback ACD ECU, rather than a standalone.

P.S. It looks like I may have accidentally posted the link for the Pectel engine ECU above, rather than the Pectel ACD ECU. Sorry about that.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SoCal Rally
I don't know the answer to that question, but if the pinout (i.e. number of pins, same pin assignment for the different signals etc.) for the ACD ECU is the same in the U.S. as everywhere else, then the standalone ACD ECUs i.e. the GEMS and the Pectel should work fine.

USDM compatibility is maybe a little less certain regarding the Do-Luck ACD ECU, since I believe the Do-Luck ACD ECU is a piggyback ACD ECU, rather than a standalone.

P.S. It looks like I may have accidentally posted the link for the Pectel engine ECU above, rather than the Pectel ACD ECU. Sorry about that.
Ohh gotcha - just checking cuz they looked a little different from normal ACD ecus
Old Feb 26, 2010, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Regarding the Cyber EVO ACD unit - I looked into getting that one - but you have to send your ACD ECU to JAPAN to have it reflashed. That means a LONG down-time . . .

Also - I read somewhere years ago that Cyber EVO folks had ACD reflashing software/hardware availbable to purchase, but it was all in Japanese. I even saw some screen shots of the software here somewhere on EVOM. . . but I can't find it now. . . I wonder if this is what Gruppe-S has used to develop their maps?? I think they have engineers/contacts in Japan.
Old Feb 26, 2010, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Regarding the Cyber EVO ACD unit - I looked into getting that one - but you have to send your ACD ECU to JAPAN to have it reflashed. That means a LONG down-time . . .

Also - I read somewhere years ago that Cyber EVO folks had ACD reflashing software/hardware availbable to purchase, but it was all in Japanese. I even saw some screen shots of the software here somewhere on EVOM. . . but I can't find it now. . . I wonder if this is what Gruppe-S has used to develop their maps?? I think they have engineers/contacts in Japan.
It's looks from the link I posted that it's a separate unit that you can purchase though
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Looks that way, but call them and order it and you may find a different answer
Old Mar 1, 2010, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOlutionary

http://www.garagehrs.com/hotparts/cy...cdselecter.htm
Old Mar 1, 2010, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Great thread. I'm really looking to find the difference between the Ralliart ACD controller and that of Gruppe-S.

-Jalal
Old Mar 22, 2010, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

depends on what ralliart ecu you are looking for...they offer a few.
one specifically for gravel and one for tarmac along with a third which I forget.

I have the gravel ecu and it is fun, but definetely I am going with my garage HRS tune for the track.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

the garage hrs? do you ahve the site for where that's available and a price? and a confirm that it works on USDM cars?
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

wow you guys have not done your homework. This is 2010, ACD info has been out since the evo 8 came out (for US evos)...but better late than never.

ACD for evo 8 and 9 are interchangeable. ACD "flashes" are good regardless if they are EDM, UKDM, USDM, or JDM.
All legit ACD tunes, remove AYC functionallity...therefore US cars have no worries.

Evo 7 ACD units only work with evo 7...I tried one in my car, and all 3 lights went on after about 1 minute of driving.

Garage HRS, along with Ralliart, are all around 5-$700. I dont know if ralliart offers theirs anymore as they are out of business.

http://www.garagehrs.com/hotparts/cy...berevo-acd.htm

The gentleman who runs GarageHRS speaks a lil english...so you could order from him.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

I mean it's not really an option frequently spoken of on this forum so I just wanted to compile them. You were a big pusher of the Gruppe-S flash when it first came out, but I was just looking for something a little more auto-x friendly

Quick Reply: ACD Tuning Options - USDM CT9As, Read!