Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Vacuum Line Routing Help!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2010, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vacuum Line Routing Help!

I replaced my clutch and I had to disconnect my Boost gauge line, blow off valve line, and External wastegate line. My car ran fine before and now I have everything back together with the new clutch and my car won't hold an Idle.

When I tap the gas, my boost gauge goes to more vacuum, kinda backwards then what it should do.

This is my MS paint diagram any suggestions are great Been almost 3 months sence my car last ran, and I'm kind of excited to get my car going.

Note: I have AEM EMS, HKS BOV, Tial wastegate with the top barb fitting naked, and the bottom barb connected to vacuum line.

Name:  HelpMe.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  15.6 KB

Ill Try to describe whats going on. Starting from wastegate.

Wastegate connects to MBC. MBC connects to TEE, Tee branches off to BOV and another T. From the second T Branches off to An Electric Sensor? and a third T. The third T branches to the Intake and Boost gauge.

If you have any recommendations or links to how I could have my vacuum hosing routed, that would be great. I already looked at the factory routing, but it was confusing because my setup is nothing like factory.

Thanks!
Old Jul 25, 2010, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off your BOV and MBC need their own lines and shouldn't be teed off other crap.

Your boost gauge you can tap off the FPR line.

Vacuum leaks shouldn't affect the idle when your running SD with EMS. Did you make sure your clutch is disengaging fully. Put the car in first and keep the clutch in the rev the car up to 6k rpm and if it moves forward the clutch isn't disengaging fully.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 08:45 PM
Evolving Member

So the Wastegate goes to MBC then Intake manifold? Thats one part im kind of confused on is how the wastegate and MBC hook up properly. Ill switch around the BOV.

My car is on jackstands still with no tires on the hub, so there really is no load. The hubs spin slowly when the clutch is disengaged but I havent had time to make adjustments because the car wont idle.

Im going to tinker with it now. Ill be checking in every 10 minutes for any more imput!

Thanks project skyline
Old Jul 25, 2010, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Where would you tap your MBC and wastegate to? I can tap the blow off valve to its stock location on the intake manifold, but I don't know where the wastegate and MBC can get tapped into.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would run the MBC off the turbo outlet if it has one or the lower LICP for the fastest response. From the intake manifold things tend to spike a little because boost hits then it tries to recover.

If your using the stock intake manifold use the stock BOV nipple for your BOV line.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

I'd start by running the MBC off the turbo outlet. 3 tees on the same vacuum line seems insane. Try to get rid of some if possible.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by savagejay1
I'd start by running the MBC off the turbo outlet. 3 tees on the same vacuum line seems insane. Try to get rid of some if possible.
Will definatly do. This was the way it was routed when I bought it. I think i have my lines on my MBC backwards but anyways....

I dont have any barbed fittings or nipples on my turbo or intake pipe. Its a GT35R and AMS LICP.

I might have to get a barbed fitting welded on my intercooler pipe, which would be a pain to get done for my wastegate/MBC. Im going to reroute my boost gauge into my Fuel Pressure Regulator, leave that electric sensor teed into my BOV.

Its just hard searching for a setup that doesn't have a nipple on the compressor housing and intake pipe to reference off of.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

Just get the vibrant vacuum distribution, and save yourself all the headach
Old Jul 26, 2010, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

The thing is, It was running fine before. I just got a line mixed up because when I hit the gas, the boost gauge goes more into vacuum. I dont have a boost leak, I did a test. Its 2am and its bugging me. I cant even sleep because im searching this whole forum on mbc installs, bov installs, diagrams printed out, Id hate to have to wait a week to get a part in.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

I am having a similar problem, but with less tee's. I have my BOV and MBC t'ed from the intake manifold. I have a FP green and Injen intake and intercooler piping but i dont have a barb on the LICP. Is there anywhere else to tap into on the intake manifold? Does anyone have a diagram of the correct vacuum routing?

Last edited by sk8terdude929; Dec 7, 2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

mbc should be between the turbo and wastegate...
bov should be on its own line straight of the front of the intake mani ....
boost gauge should be teed into the fpr line...

just use plastic t's they work fine ( you only need one) .. pick them up at an auto parts store
Old Dec 7, 2010, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sk8terdude929
I have a FP green and Injen intake and intercooler piping but i dont have a barb on the LICP.
I believe the outlet pipe between the turbo and the LICP has the barb, thats where the mbc should hook up to
Old Apr 12, 2016, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

I know im bringing this thread back from the dead.... Does any have any pictures or insight of where to mount and how to install a vibrant vacuum block? I have the jm fab drag manifold and I hate how the barbs are on the bottom. It just makes it a pain .
Old Apr 12, 2016, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would only use one T coming from one fitting on the manifold. Highly recommend that the BOV and FPR have their own line from the manifold, no T fittings.