Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Competition Clutch Twin Disc Clutch Kit - EVO 8/9 has anyone used this clutch?

Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Competition Clutch Twin Disc Clutch Kit - EVO 8/9 has anyone used this clutch?

I have a stock 2006 Evo 9 SE without a tune and my car has 26k on the original engine. I'm thinking about upgrading my clutch to the:
Competition Clutch Twin Disc Clutch Kit - EVO 8/9

I'm wondering if anyone has used this clutch or know anyone that has? I want a reliable clutch that is going to last me a long time driving normally and racing if I want to. My budget isn't quite good enough for the exedy twin so im wondering if this clutch is a good choice or not? And if NOT... then would the next best choice be the: ACT HD Street Disc Clutch w/ Gruppe-S Flywheel kit?

Any information regarding these 2 kits would be great! Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2010, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

there are a lot of reviews of this clutch..just search and you will find them
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

I have this clutch and put about 2-3 miles on it until my motor went boom. It takes some time to to get use to, but for the money its a great buy. With a stock evo I think you should look into getting comp clutch 6 puck clutch which I had before going to the twin. The 6 puck is more tolerable if stuck in traffic compared to the twin. The twin never locked me out and was a pleasure to shift. The twin is a race clutch in my opinion, and you must be willing to give up stock clutch manners if you want to be happy with the twin
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

I've had it too. Its a harsh clutch but it grabs. If you want a stock feel I wouldn't go with the CC Twin. I've had nothing but lock out issues with the ACT. Im actually selling my CC Twin that I would let got for cheap if your interested pm me
Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:46 PM
Account Disabled

I never had lockout with the 6 puck..How did you have lock explain??
Old Nov 11, 2010, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

It wouldnt go into gear higher than 7k. I had a shep trans and adjusting the clutch pedal, changing trans fluid, or bleeding the lines didnt help at all.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO IXMR
I never had lockout with the 6 puck..How did you have lock explain??

I started a huge thread on ACT lockouts search and you shall find.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by diamondblackix
I have a stock 2006 Evo 9 SE without a tune and my car has 26k on the original engine. I'm thinking about upgrading my clutch to the:

I'm wondering if anyone has used this clutch or know anyone that has? I want a reliable clutch that is going to last me a long time driving normally and racing if I want to. My budget isn't quite good enough for the exedy twin so im wondering if this clutch is a good choice or not? And if NOT... then would the next best choice be the: ACT HD Street Disc Clutch w/ Gruppe-S Flywheel kit?

That clutch is good. I have used that for 3 years and still using it. Try it.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by diamondblackix

I had the Exedy Twin HD in my car with a Shep trans for 3k miles and it went out. No more than 20 lauches and one night at the track and it was done. I know a lot of people swear by that clutch but I'll never use it again.
After the Exedy Twin went out my friend told me about the Competition Twin he was gonna be using in his fully built KA turbo 240. He had been through several 6 puck clutches and finally decided to go twin since his car made too much power for a 6 puck.
I decided to try the Competition Twin in my car. It converts the car from push type to pull type. Everything is included to change it over in the clutch kit. This clutch is kinda harsh sometimes and driving in traffic is a PITA...but it grabs like no other clutch I've ever used. I currently have about 10k miles of daily driving, racing, and a few track days and it still grabs like it did when I put it in. I had to adjust my clutch, of course, to get it shifting like it should but now it's like butter at high rpms.
I would recommend this clutch if you plan on making any significant power down the road. Talk to Dan at Competition Clutch. He's the "evo guy" up there
Old Mar 16, 2013, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How much is the comp clutch?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 09:56 AM

go with push type no lockout
Old Mar 11, 2016, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by ElectricBlueIX
I had the Exedy Twin HD in my car with a Shep trans for 3k miles and it went out. No more than 20 lauches and one night at the track and it was done. I know a lot of people swear by that clutch but I'll never use it again.
After the Exedy Twin went out my friend told me about the Competition Twin he was gonna be using in his fully built KA turbo 240. He had been through several 6 puck clutches and finally decided to go twin since his car made too much power for a 6 puck.
I decided to try the Competition Twin in my car. It converts the car from push type to pull type. Everything is included to change it over in the clutch kit. This clutch is kinda harsh sometimes and driving in traffic is a PITA...but it grabs like no other clutch I've ever used. I currently have about 10k miles of daily driving, racing, and a few track days and it still grabs like it did when I put it in. I had to adjust my clutch, of course, to get it shifting like it should but now it's like butter at high rpms.
I would recommend this clutch if you plan on making any significant power down the road. Talk to Dan at Competition Clutch. He's the "evo guy" up there
Thanks for ur input on this clutch I've been considering it alot because the exedy twin hd has been problematic for me and I wanna say the heck with it and go competition twin.
Old Mar 13, 2016, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used it on my evo 5 for a while and was a great clutch!!
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:43 AM

Competition clutch twin plate

Good day

Can i ask anyone here, i have my competition clutch twin plate for evo 6 and im planning not to use the stock throwout bearing, instead im planning to use hydraulic bearing of quarter master, could it be possible hydraulic bearing in competition clutch twin plate???
Old Aug 31, 2016, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by jansoft_16
Good day

Can i ask anyone here, i have my competition clutch twin plate for evo 6 and im planning not to use the stock throwout bearing, instead im planning to use hydraulic bearing of quarter master, could it be possible hydraulic bearing in competition clutch twin plate???
Thats what I am running. So far I have put 6,000 miles on it problem free.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Competition Clutch Twin Disc Clutch Kit - EVO 8/9 has anyone used this clutch?