Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mis-matching motor mounts causes horrible vibration???

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mis-matching motor mounts causes horrible vibration???

Front mount: torque solution SOLID.
Cam/Trans mount: torque solution POLYURETHANE.

I first installed the front SOLID torque solution motor mount. This reduced engine roll a lot with a decent amt of vibration. Way better now that it is settled in. 500miles broken in.

THEN...

I installed torque solution POLYURETHANE cam & trans side motor mount INSERTS. Only on the car for 20miles.

I heard that installing side mounts are suppose to reduce the vibration of the car (only if they are all solids? or only if they are all polyurethane?)

I am getting HORRIBLE vibrations now to a point where i can't even stand it.
Did i mismatch the mounts incorrectly? (solid & polyurethane).

help please.

the mount polyurethane inserts for cam/ trans have only been in for 20 miles. how many miles should i wait to see if they settle down at all?

should i just replace the cam ones to stock and see how that helps? and leave the trans one alone with the polyurethane?

Last edited by johnnnyjeans; Dec 31, 2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Look over your bolt holes and Bolt sizes. Make sure everything is a snug fit.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All the TS mounts I see are poly inserts. Just try running the front only for a while like I said in the other thread.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by johnnnyjeans
Front mount: torque solution SOLID.
Cam/Trans mount: torque solution POLYURETHANE.

I first installed the front SOLID torque solution motor mount. This reduced engine roll a lot with a decent amt of vibration. Way better now that it is settled in. 500miles broken in.

THEN...

I installed torque solution POLYURETHANE cam & trans side motor mount INSERTS. Only on the car for 20miles.

I heard that installing side mounts are suppose to reduce the vibration of the car (only if they are all solids? or only if they are all polyurethane?)

I am getting HORRIBLE vibrations now to a point where i can't even stand it.
Did i mismatch the mounts incorrectly? (solid & polyurethane).

help please.

the mount polyurethane inserts for cam/ trans have only been in for 20 miles. how many miles should i wait to see if they settle down at all?

should i just replace the cam ones to stock and see how that helps? and leave the trans one alone with the polyurethane?
I have the torque solution inserts for the front, cam side, trans mount, and the rear billet mount. It vibrates real bad too. I think that is just the way it is. Does your steering wheel shake from the vibration?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Gouin
I have the torque solution inserts for the front, cam side, trans mount, and the rear billet mount. It vibrates real bad too. I think that is just the way it is. Does your steering wheel shake from the vibration?
I got front billet, sides poly inserts. I dont mind the steering wheek vibrate. Its the CABIN DRONE that annoys the heck out of me. I already order the CAM SIDE oem mount to be put in. My righy headlight vibrates like crazy so i suspect its the cam side that vibrates the most. Im leaving the trans side inserts in because i really like the improved shifting.