Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Torque Solutions propeller shaft bushing squeak

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torque Solutions propeller shaft bushing squeak

I just installed the torque solutions drive shaft bushings & now I have a squeak I was wondering if anyone else ran into this problem?

Everything has been installed correctly. The donut part of the bushings went on top against the chassis, the Abe Lincoln hats came from the bottom. I didn't reuse the one washers & everything is tight. I also reinstalled the small heatshield tightly & it doesn't rub, although the sound I am getting sounds like a metal rubbing together.

I mainly hear it when I take off in first from a stop uphill & when my rear suspension goes over bumps. I'm 90% sure I've centralized the sound to the center drive shaft around the bushing area.

Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks
Old May 5, 2014, 08:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sp00lin9
I just installed the torque solutions drive shaft bushings & now I have a squeak I was wondering if anyone else ran into this problem?

Everything has been installed correctly. The donut part of the bushings went on top against the chassis, the Abe Lincoln hats came from the bottom. I didn't reuse the one washers & everything is tight. I also reinstalled the small heatshield tightly & it doesn't rub, although the sound I am getting sounds like a metal rubbing together.

I mainly hear it when I take off in first from a stop uphill & when my rear suspension goes over bumps. I'm 90% sure I've centralized the sound to the center drive shaft around the bushing area.

Has anyone else encountered this? Thanks
You are bound to hear more sounds and feel more vibration when installing stiffer bushings. If you've installed it correctly then you need not worry. Just get used to the new sounds.
Old May 5, 2014, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Faisalm
You are bound to hear more sounds and feel more vibration when installing stiffer bushings. If you've installed it correctly then you need not worry. Just get used to the new sounds.
I'm dont mind the nvh at all if this squeak is normal, ill just try greasing them. I would just like to know if others experienced the same.
Old May 5, 2014, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the Torque Solutions driveshaft support bushings. They do transmit more drivetrain noise, but not a squeak like you are saying you have. It sounds like you have a heatshield rubbing somewhere.
Old May 5, 2014, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by TommiM
I have the Torque Solutions driveshaft support bushings. They do transmit more drivetrain noise, but not a squeak like you are saying you have. It sounds like you have a heatshield rubbing somewhere.
The extra drivetrain noise & the slight hum at 3k I'm completely fine with, it just the squeak sounds pretty bad. It definitely sounds like that but everything looks good & remains untouched except that little one. The only things i changed were the bushings.
Old May 6, 2014, 07:47 AM

Bump anyone else?