Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch Vibration

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2011, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Vibration

Hi guys,

First off, I did a search and came across a ton of threads about this, but some have different descriptions about the problem and the other died with out solutions.

Yesterday, the clutch pedal started vibrating BADLY. When I push it about on inch or if I rest my foot on it(I never rest on it, but while testing I did) you can feel it vibrating. The clutch goes thru gears normally; however, it is engaging way sooner than before and it's a ACT 6 puck which makes it a nice problem because of the harsh engagement. Also when I release the pedal at speed going thru gears you can feel it engaging sooner and vibrating nasty.

I've had a 4 puck on my car before this and trust me this is not the harshness of the pucked clutch. It was working fine, I did some low gear pulls and it got like this. I waited for it to cool down, but the problem is there/worse. Please help me out, thanks.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Bump for help
Old Apr 3, 2011, 04:19 PM
Evolving Member

Old Apr 3, 2011, 07:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you feel vibrations while pushing in the pedal then you problem may very well be a throw out bearing that is deformed or about to destroy itself. Harsh engagement of the puck disc causes havoc on oem bearings. Be careful because if the bearing destroys itself or disengages itself from the pressure plate you will not be able to drive. Unless youre good at shifting without the use of the clutch that is.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by superz
If you feel vibrations while pushing in the pedal then you problem may very well be a throw out bearing that is deformed or about to destroy itself. Harsh engagement of the puck disc causes havoc on oem bearings. Be careful because if the bearing destroys itself or disengages itself from the pressure plate you will not be able to drive. Unless youre good at shifting without the use of the clutch that is.
Thanks alot for the info/help. Do you recommend installing an OEM bearing again or is there any after market bearing that can hold more than the OEM?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No aftermarket bearings available that I know of. I would def buy another bearing and take the tranny out to inspect everything. Dont be surprised to see damage, I have seen puck discs fall apart too.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:25 AM

Did you find the solution to this problem?

This sounds like what I'm experiencing now. New owner here, so not experienced in technical stuff. This isn't a slipping clutch is it? What would I need to replace and how much would it cost?

Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2011, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

In my case it was the preassure plate! It had taken a beating .