Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ACD Problems

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2012, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACD Problems

Hey,
I know there are a few different threads with ACD problems but none seem to exactly fit mine or at least have found a clear cut solution. So if you could just try to help.

My problem is that all three of my ACD lights come on just after starting to drive. When I start the car, 3 flash then only one is on. I just came back from checking the code and there wasn't any codes. People have said on the forum to bleed the ACD pump at a stealership. Is this necessary? Any ideas on what to do?

How would I know if the pump is dead?

Last edited by ahr4156; May 29, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old May 29, 2012, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm sure all the guru's will chime in soon. But have you recently changed your clutch in the past 5-6 months? ...its usually the culprit for not properly bleeding it. Elaborate some more...how long does it stay on? cold days? Can you select all buttons?
Old May 29, 2012, 05:46 PM

on the same topic as the op i also have the same issue. cold days on will light up i can select, but when i drive off a few mins after it all comes on, than on hot day startup after warm, light comes on as soon as i get rolling. pump is good, because i can hear the pump if i step on the pedal with ign only on......... so OP me and you have similar problems, my case fluid is good, no clutch change at all....

SORRY for jacking your thread OP, but i also have a similar problem, andi dont want to post a new thread if both of us have the same issue
Old May 29, 2012, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just because the pump motor is working doesn't mean that it's making pressure. As the fluid warms up and thins out, the pressure will be too low. This all adds up to pump rebuild time.
Old May 29, 2012, 07:47 PM

Its fine, I actually have the same problem. So I have found out that it only happens when it gets hot out and is left in the sun for awhile.

Originally Posted by shadow_X
on the same topic as the op i also have the same issue. cold days on will light up i can select, but when i drive off a few mins after it all comes on, than on hot day startup after warm, light comes on as soon as i get rolling. pump is good, because i can hear the pump if i step on the pedal with ign only on......... so OP me and you have similar problems, my case fluid is good, no clutch change at all....

SORRY for jacking your thread OP, but i also have a similar problem, andi dont want to post a new thread if both of us have the same issue

Last edited by ahr4156; Jun 8, 2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 04:52 PM

friday night bump
Old Jun 8, 2012, 06:17 PM

Can you infact hear the pump turn on? Key to on, car off, push gas pedal to the floor and hold for a few seconds. The pump should kick on.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

I have previously had this problem as well. And all that was necessary was to bleed the pump say 5 or 6 times with that key on pedal to the floor technique and as long as the pump turns on and runs and fluid is coming out. It should eventually solve your problem. Otherwise, it is most likely time to rebuild your pump like someone else stated in this article. Best of luck with your issue.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 07:45 AM

Yea the pump turns on. So I think I will just bleed the system
Old Jun 9, 2012, 07:55 PM

Bleeding would be where I would start as well. Pay attention to the pressure coming from the bleeder. The pump might turn on but not build pressure.
Old Jun 9, 2012, 08:28 PM

Double check the fuses on the positive side of the battery. I recently installed my uicp and blew that "fusable link" as mitsu calls it (Should of disconnected battery before installing) . It caused all three of my ACD lights to come one once I started moving. Replaced the broken fuse and problem fixed!
Old Jun 9, 2012, 09:47 PM
Evolving Member

Ya and what this last guy posted as well those fuses will also cause some CEL for the some ABS codes.
Old Jun 10, 2012, 01:58 AM

He said the pump turns on, so the fuse is good...
Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by shadow_X

Mines started like this last summer, but I was too busy to take it to the dealer when I still had warranty. I finally took mine in today and sure enough its a fail pump. Dealer want 2700 to fix, since warranty ran out in March. So if you still have warranty take it in quick.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:43 AM

I don't have a warranty, but i think i will just bleed it since it only acts up when its about 75+.

Quick Reply: ACD Problems