Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need help gsc n/t lifter install no compression

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Need help gsc n/t lifter install no compression

Installed gsc non tick lifters the other day and my car wouldn't start up. I did a compression test and found no compression in 3 cylinders. I sat the lifters in oil before I installed them. So I called gsc yesterday and was told that the lifters are ready to be put rite in. I was told to take them back out and open the check valve in the lifter with a paper clip and compress the lifter to get the oil out and bleed them down. Did that last night and still got the same results! Why are these lifters not bleeding down? My timing is definatly on point 100%. Anyone have any ideas or feedback? Thanks guys gonna call gsc back today and see what they say.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
yeah, you need to bleed the lifters big time.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC
yeah, you need to bleed the lifters big time.
Would you take them out and bleed them again or will they bleed themselves by just sitting in the head. I opened the check valve and pumped all the oil out of them I thought? Thanks for the feedback
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:38 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
sorry, gotta pull them. unless someone knows an easier quicker method that doesnt involve a pry bar!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aby@MIL.SPEC
sorry, gotta pull them. unless someone knows an easier quicker method that doesnt involve a pry bar!
Yea I guess I do. This will be the 3rd time pulling them. Not going pry bar route lol but it did cross my mind... Anyone else have trouble like this with these?? I also installed a kiggly Hla not that I think it has anything to do with my lifter issue
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Well, if the Kiggly is not working then no oil to the lifters and they stay collapsed. Can you tell if the top end is getting oiled?

Have you actually checked compression? Also, spark and fuel? If all that is okay then I'd suggest another hard look at timing.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

just to let everyone know i talked to the guys at gsc and there over nighting a brand new set of lifters to me. that is a+ customer service in my book. specially cause i can be the one bleeding them wrong... very helpful and easy going guys over there at gsc. so im just gonna take the new set rite out the bag bleed them and drop them rite in. i guess sitting them in oil was a bad idea on my part
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in for results plz
Old Jan 18, 2013, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by barneyb
Well, if the Kiggly is not working then no oil to the lifters and they stay collapsed. Can you tell if the top end is getting oiled?

Have you actually checked compression? Also, spark and fuel? If all that is okay then I'd suggest another hard look at timing.
i have actually compression checked all cylinders. the kiggly hla is brand new i put it in with the lifters. timing is def on point 100% we did it 3 times. fuel and spark were also checked. we will find out today since gsc over nighted me a new set. they said its possible that the lifters were keeping the valves open
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Got a update. The car is fine now and I got compression in all cylinders 150 across. The lifters took 2 days to bleed down while in the car even after taking them out of the package, opening the check valve inside with paper clip as GSC said to do, and pumping all the oil out of them. Took the car for a drive this morning and everything feels good running smooth and the lifters are quieter than they were before
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostin_hard
in for results plz
Over all everything is good and the guys at GSC are real helpful. But if you are gonna use these lifters 1- call GSC for proper install so you don't have issues like I did and 2- be prepared for your car to be down for a few days so the lifters can bleed themselves down.. Thanks everyone
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

What valve springs are you using?
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Bringing back from the dead-

So were these installed without any oil in them? (dry) Buddy of mine has a similar issue.

Travis
Old Jun 5, 2014, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by turbotboz
Bringing back from the dead-

So were these installed without any oil in them? (dry) Buddy of mine has a similar issue.

Travis

I think his problem was he installed them with oil in them. After taking them out, bleeding them with a paper clip, and letting them sit for a day, they were good to go. I have seen people soak them in diesel over night, bleed, then install and work just fine.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 08:19 PM

Your supposed to bleed them dry, stick a paper clip in, flip lifter upside Down and start pumping